Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have Pic.s of bathrooms with ming green marble?

Posted by alizacf (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 18, 12 at 17:29

Has anyone used ming green marble in their bathroom? Do you have pictures you can share?
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have Pic.s of bathrooms with ming green marble?

Have you tried the search engine, putting in the phrase "ming green marble"? There were three of us who all used the same basketweave floor with ming; a few others, I think, have used a different pattern with similar colors. A search should turn up pics for you.

o

Thanks anna for your suggestion.

o

We just finished our ming green bathroom renovation. Thanks to everyone here for your inspiration and help!

Pictures here:

http://suzanne10023.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-mothers-bathroom-renovation_8.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Ming Green Bathroom

o

Suzanne, you should start your own thread with this bathroom! I love the mosaic and the herringbone is centered so nicely around it. Great use of grab bars for towel bars. I have that planned for my remodel too. Makes so much sense to me.

I'll tell people I have no favorite color, if asked; I love them all. But I always follow that with "...but if I had to choose it would be green".

o

Suzanne
What a wonderful idea for a towel bar. I dislike those little skinny things and have been searching forever for a more substantial one.

Your bathroom is gorgeous.

o

Suzanne! Your space is gorgeous. Is that amazing floor marble? I have never seen anything like it!

o

Really nice, Suzanne! I have to agree with enduring--your bathroom deserves its own thread. Is the grab bar from Gatco?

o

Thank you!

The big grab bar is from the Toto Soiree collection. The little one inside the shower is from Smedbo.

Yes, the floor is a carrera and ming marble mosaic. We considered basketweave, but I'm glad we went with the pinwheel pattern. (Ironically our original prewar yellow and black bathroom had a pinwheel pattern on the floor too - but this is much prettier!)

We've kind of decided not to use sealer on it in the future, because our contractor warns that it will turn the grout yellow. Any thoughts on that?

The big surprise for me - going with ming green - is that the greens are so lively and varied, especially on the big tiles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here