Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Duravit v. Mirabelle v. Kohler soaking tub??

Posted by cfa3 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 31, 14 at 17:25

We are replacing an old 60 x 30 cast iron alcove tub/shower in a remodel of our upstairs hall bathroom. It will be the only tub in the house, at least for now, so we want one that has more depth than the old 14" tub! After much looking on the web, reading posts and visiting showrooms, I currently am thinking about the following three acrylic tubs:

Duravit Architec
Kohler Archer
Mirabelle Edenton

Any advice/experience with one of the tubs would be greatly appreciated!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Duravit v. Mirabelle v. Kohler soaking tub??

You can search this forum and find detailed info on the Kohler Archer and Mirabelle Edenton. The Edenton had production problems when it first came out but they have been corrected. I like the feel of the Mirabelle acrylic over Kohler. Tha Maax Rubix is similar to the Edenton.

o

Thank you for the information! I have read posts about the Edenton, but wasn't sure whether the problem was corrected, so good to hear that.

o

We put the archer in a previous bathroom remodel. I'll be using them again for a new build. I really liked how roomy the archer felt. The overflow is expensive but it looks nice. It's a horizontal shape. We used the archer for a little over a year. Cleaning was fine. The tub was installed with tile and a glass door. The rim on the open side was wide so we asked that for the door to be installed as close to the outside edge as possible.

o

I just put in the Mirabelle Edenton - I was wary after reading on this forum about issues so I asked my contractor to inspect it carefully. before install. No problems. It is a very nice looking tub for the price and I am very happy with it. It does have a textured (bumpy) bottom which I didn't really want but now that I have it I find that is doesn't bother me at all. Agree with others, the acrylic feels really nice.

o

Pind54 - good to hear.

I just saw that Kohler has a new Archer 60 x 30 alcove with apron in acrylic and Archer 60 x 30 alcove no apron in exocrylic. It appears to be a popular tub.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here