Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cfa3

Duravit v. Mirabelle v. Kohler soaking tub??

cfa3
10 years ago

We are replacing an old 60 x 30 cast iron alcove tub/shower in a remodel of our upstairs hall bathroom. It will be the only tub in the house, at least for now, so we want one that has more depth than the old 14" tub! After much looking on the web, reading posts and visiting showrooms, I currently am thinking about the following three acrylic tubs:

Duravit Architec
Kohler Archer
Mirabelle Edenton

Any advice/experience with one of the tubs would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (13)

• anna_in_tx
    10 years ago

You can search this forum and find detailed info on the Kohler Archer and Mirabelle Edenton. The Edenton had production problems when it first came out but they have been corrected. I like the feel of the Mirabelle acrylic over Kohler. Tha Maax Rubix is similar to the Edenton.

• cfa3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for the information! I have read posts about the Edenton, but wasn't sure whether the problem was corrected, so good to hear that.

• avossohouse
    10 years ago

We put the archer in a previous bathroom remodel. I'll be using them again for a new build. I really liked how roomy the archer felt. The overflow is expensive but it looks nice. It's a horizontal shape. We used the archer for a little over a year. Cleaning was fine. The tub was installed with tile and a glass door. The rim on the open side was wide so we asked that for the door to be installed as close to the outside edge as possible.

• Pind54
    10 years ago

I just put in the Mirabelle Edenton - I was wary after reading on this forum about issues so I asked my contractor to inspect it carefully. before install. No problems. It is a very nice looking tub for the price and I am very happy with it. It does have a textured (bumpy) bottom which I didn't really want but now that I have it I find that is doesn't bother me at all. Agree with others, the acrylic feels really nice.

• Karen Sironi
    8 years ago

I am comparing the Durivant vs Mirabella vs Jaccuzzi 60x 30" tub...So a skirted, slanted tub that keeps the water warm....any other thoughts other than what is posted? I am fiding the prices to be all around the same $550 ish

• Theresa Yoford
    8 years ago

We put in the Durivant and I really like like it. Also considered the Maax Tub. Durivant was going to be a little faster to arrive and seemed to have slightly more slant to the back slope and had narrower side rails. HTH

• ecdunton2
    2 years ago

Just had a Kohler Archer get a huge crack in the back of tub causing all kinds of water damage below. Had it for 6 years so not sure what happened. Was happy with it until that problem! Ready to replace it and am comparing Duravit Architec to Kohler Archer (but risking getting the exact same tub again feels scary).. Anyone have more recent experiences to share since this last post?

• mejo
    last year

@ecdunton2, which one did you decide on? And why if you don't mind sharing. We're deciding between those two and the Kohler Underscore. Thanks!

• J S
    last year

any updates on these tubs? am looking to purchase today or tomorrow and looking at these three as well.

• Seafoam Green
    last year

Hi! It’s stressful to think about your tub leak! Sorry to hear that. I’m using my tub as a shower and don’t want to have to step in to much. Any experience with the Duravit Andrea or the Americh Wright? Those are the two I’ve been able to see in showrooms. Thanks so much in advance!

• catbuilder
    last year

Please stop resurrecting very old threads to ask your same question over and over. Start your own thread and ask your questions there. Not only will it help you get relevant answers, it will stop the unfairness of your process of bumping others' posts down the line just so you can keep asking the same question.

• cpartist
    last year

I am flagging all his posts.