Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nado_gw

Vainly In Need of Vanities

nado
13 years ago

We are remodeling a large house with 5 bathrooms and need to purchase vanities for 4 of them. If money was of no concern, we would definitely buy the vanities from Sagehill or Fairmont Designs. Strasser Woodenworks would be a close 3rd.

But alas, there is a budget.

We are looking for the following:

Vanity #1 - 24"W/19"D (Espresso) - Total Budget $600. We like the Eurolav style but even those are expensive.

Vanity #2 - 30"W/21"D (Espresso) - Total Budget $700 (This is my favorite Sagehill - http://www.faucetdirect.com/sagehill-designs-ss3021d-30-vanity-cabinet-from-the-somerset-collection/p815328 - but it's unfortunately too expensive)

Vanity #3 - 36" or 40"/21"D (Powder - may go with the Fairmont here) (Espresso) - Total Budget $900

Vanity #4 - 36"/21"D (White) (Basement bath. Not looking to spend alot here) - Total Budget - $500

I would appreciate recommendations and suggestions. Have looked at nearly 25 websites. Total budget amounts above exclude the faucet.

I would also like to hear about the experiences of those who had custom made cabinets and tops made from places like Home Depot or Lowes. Is the quality as good? How much did you spend?

Thanks, everyone!

Comments (11)

• sue_b
    13 years ago

I suggest costco or home decorators dot com. Or off the shelf from your local home depot. I'm sorry to say that budget is less than can cover anything I have seen. Are you including the sink and countertops in the budget too?

• sue_b
    13 years ago

Try at ebay search box
    vanities 30"

Or whichever size. Tons of results within your budget. You could start a thread here and at Kitchens forum (much more traffic there) to ask about good or bad experiences buying cabinets or vanities on ebay.

• homechef
    13 years ago

I have a custom vanity from Home Depot in one of my bathrooms, and the quality is actually very good. I think it will be way outside of your budget though. The top is from the same line, some solid surface product, which looks and performs fine, but if I was to do it over again, I would find a marble remnant piece instead.

Here's what I'm doing for a 24" vanity: tablelegs.com has a vanity base kit. It's unfinished but sells for about $350 and you can customize the legs for a relatively small upcharge if you don't like their standard leg. The look is probably more traditional than Eurolav, but check it out. My other vanity is from HomeDecorators.com, it's actually a Home Depot affiliate. It's a very nice product for the price. They also have an outlet on-line, and there are some vanities on sale.

• brickton
    13 years ago

Sagehill has an economy line called Sunnywood that is available online through DoItBest.com I would take a look at them.

• bh401
    13 years ago

I purchased a 29" vessel sink vanity by silkroad. It was a $1200 vanity with sink included-no faucet. The problem was-it was out of stock everywhere and I ended up calling online companies to verify if it was instock or not. bathroom-glass-vanities.com had it for $630.00 plus I got free shipping because it was on back order. Same with my Hinkley outdoor lights. I ended up saving $1000 just by calling online companies to see what kind of discounts they could give me. One company-none, another company-10% Lightingnewyork.com-25%+free shipping!

• pharaoh
    13 years ago

craigslist, ebay, overstock. Excellent prices. Or you could get a custom one made from a cabinet maker.

• AHomeWest
    13 years ago

We bought a 36" espresso vanity (included a marble top with integrated undermount sink) from Lowe's. I don't remember what the model name/number is but if you look up all + roth on lowes you will see it.

We love it...I want to say it almost has a Pottery Barn look to it? (We changed out the knobs from brushed nickel to porcelain and scrapped the included marble backsplash piece). It cost somewhere around $450.

For us, the quality has been great. I noticed a few days ago that they (allen + roth) also have some more Euro/modern looking ones there now...

Our bathroom isn't quite finished but here's the vanity with our modifications...

Here is a link that might be useful: Lowes Vanity

• Richard McGown
    13 years ago

If you can wait until the end of January, The Home Depot will be launching a bath renovation event. Have you tried looking at stuff from St. Paul Home Products? Great quality, reasonable price.

You can also get a custom top made online. Try this Customizer Takes a couple of weeks for delivery. I got one and it was just what I needed. If you want to actually see samples, you can walk into a Home Depot and they've got swatch tiles.

• mary04
    13 years ago

I don't know if you have a store called Surplus Warehouse in your area, but if you do they carry beautiful vanities (some furniture looking) at a very reasonable price. The website is www.ecbarton.com/pages/sw.html

• chrisk327
    13 years ago

You missed it, but Lowes had a 30% off in stock stuff last weekend

Some of the in stock stuff at lowes is nice, and some "in stock" online stuff (they ship to store within 7 days) is nicer

allen roth is their house brand of nicer vanities

• nycbluedevil
    13 years ago

SPAMMERS GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!