Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone using pinterest?

Posted by eks6426 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 25, 12 at 16:52

I was really active on the kitchen board a couple of years ago. I owe a lot of my fabulous kitchen to posts I read, products I found and ideas on gardenweb. I saved a ton of photos, posts etc. in files on my computer.

I'm lurking a bit now because I am about to do my only full bath. But I ran across a new web product called pinterest that allows you to create bulletin boards of images, ideas etc. the boards can be shared. Just wondering if anyone is using this yet? It would be fun to see people's boards as they go through their bathroom remodeling project.

So, anyone using pinterest yet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone using pinterest?

Yes! Love it! I am using it now, for inspiration picture posting/collecting... My idea-boards.

o

We are building anew house and I have been in a decorating frenzy trying to pick out furniture, drapes, etc. so I set up a pinboard on Pinterest and an Ideabook on houzz.com. They haved helped me keep track of the finishes I've chosen and things I've seen that might work in the house. Seeing everything together has really helped me identify and refine my style and I have a much better idea of what I really want; I think I'll spend my money more wisely when the time comes. (Especially in the laundry room which will pretty much be a blank slate!)

o

I love it, probably a little too much. It really helps me to identify the styles I like, it can be addictive!

o

Hi, I'm itltrot. I'm a pinterest addict.

o

Love it! Daughter getting married and so easy to share ideas with her! Plus the other things - food, home deco, DIY, etc. great site!

o

I use it too!

o

I was turned on to it two days ago. I'm in need of faster internet, NOW. Thank goodness most of the photos are small.

o

I love Pinterest! Here is my Bathroom board. Might seem like a lot of vanities in a row, but I was helping DD2 with her project - she's the one that told me about Pinterest:

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom

o

I'm new to Pinterest, but have been using Houzz extensively. Is Pinterest better than Houzz or not?

o

Houzz bugs me because it's feels complicated to save something. Pinterest feels quicker.

My main complaint about pinterest is the search feature. So many people don't label the item they've pinned so it's hard to find certain stuff. But then again, I'm guilty of it too.

o

I dislike Houzz immensely!

o

do you have to be on facebook to use pinterest? my daughter thought I couldn't do it because I won't go on facebook.
btw, i am hooked on houzz.

o

I love both Houzz and pinterest for different reasons.

o

I created a face Facebook account so I could register and then closed the Facebook account immediately after.

o

I am soooo addicted to Pinterest! I have almost 2000 pins and 48 boards. It is such an amazing way to keep track of all your favorite images on the web.

It has been so helpful with projects and inspirations for the home.
Here is my bathroom board.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinterest Bathroom board

o

Thank you for the link to your Pinterest board, positano.
Renee

o

You can get onto Pinterest with a twitter account too. Love both pinterest and Houzz for different reasons. Houzz's new product feature is great. The one thing I didn't like about Houzz was that there was no reference to materials or products used. Just beautiful pictures.

o

Seems like there's a lot of us using it. Would be a great way to showcase finished bathrooms too..something that doesn't seem to be on this forum as much as I would have thought. Kitchen folks seem to post their finished products more frequently. Wonder why?

o

yes, i love pinterest. so addicted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here