Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gap from floor tile to tub

Posted by thelsel33 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 11, 10 at 16:41

When I tiled my bathroom last weekend I had a brain fart in thinking I was putting 1/4 round along the base of the tub so I didn't use much detail by assuring the tile was butted against the tub. I need some opinions. Will a tile 1/4 round (or plastic 1/4 round) look stupid or do people do that? I think a couple of the gaps are too wide to caulk them and not to mention there all not the same gaps fromt the tub. I really don't have much choice now but listen to you guys. Please help ASAP!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gap from floor tile to tub

Lets put it this way-- it'd look a HELLUVA lot better than just caulking it at this point! :-) Go with the ceramic 1/4 rounds. They do make end caps for them, if you need em.

o

Just set the 1/4 round on the floor without any cement, and see how you like it. Depending on your personal taste and the style of your bathroom, you may or may not like it. At least you'll have a better idea how it strikes you within the context of the room. Personally, if it were my bathroom, I would hammer out the adjacent tiles and re-tile it up to the tub. Stuff that I've worked on around the house that I'm not happy with aesthetically just ends up annoying me to no end. I've redone a couple of projects in my house just because I didn't like the way it looked in the end.

o

What color is the tub? Bill Vincents idea of ceramic quarter round came to mind also. I was also thinking of a strip of thin marble, it might give it a custom look?

I had to laugh when studio mention the tear and redo...that's what I would do and, how many times have I had to do that on some of my projects!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here