Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler frameless shower door

Posted by mary_md7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 19, 14 at 16:14

I'm seeing pretty large estimates for custom frameless doors, but then saw this Kohler online at Lowe's. The photo looks like it has a header, but it's described as frameless. Perhaps it's just the opening they are showing? Anybody familiar with the Kohler stock doors?

http://tinyurl.com/krkmh2x

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler frameless shower door

Sorry for the dumb question. I see that sliders have to have some sort of top bar. Bummer. DH is 6"6" and we don't want him to have to duck under a metal bar. With out configuration, I don't think we can do a pivot.

o

There are frameless doors, but that means the door isn't framed in metal like older sliding shower doors. They all have to have something to slide on. Here's the Kohler Levity, which has a more up to date kind of look, and you can find variations on this style from many makers, but there's no getting away from something to support the sliders.

This post was edited by writersblock on Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 11:54

o

You could do a Basco Roda 922 French Door - available online or from your local plumbing/glass/hardware store.

o

Yes, to slide they have to hang on something. But to swing they only need to be hinged to something on the side just like any door. I have seen some doors that swing in and out which might be helpful depending on how the space is configured.

o

I had the levity doors installed this fall. I really like it, it has a lighter, more modern look without a heavy frame.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here