Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madteaparty33

Byuing tile online? What's a good source/

madteaparty33
11 years ago

Even Home Depot would have to ship my tile...So I think better off ordering online. Any reputable sources? Many thanks.

Comments (11)

• live_wire_oak
    11 years ago

Yeah, but at least there's a brick and mortar store to go down to and yell at someone if half of it comes in broken. And they will ship to the store for no extra charge.

Another brick and mortar that you might try is ProSource if there's one near you. It's wholesale to the trade, but they all have a house account that you can use. Or, if you use one of the members to install, you can use his account to purchase.

One online store that I've had experience with is Floor and Decor outlet and they've been pretty good.

This post was edited by live_wire_oak on Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 16:15

• djlandkpl
    11 years ago

I've used tilestoreonline.com Great pricing and there are some free shipping deals. They tile is well protected from shipping. They do a great job.

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

I recently ordered some marble tile from Oracle Tile and Stone through Amazon. It was packaged exceptionally well and shipped very quickly, and with my Prime account, there was no shipping cost.

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

I used mosaictilestone.com for most of our bathroom tile. I worked with Suzanne. She was very helpful and provided excellent customer service. Highly recommend.

• sserra85
    11 years ago

why not go to a brick and mortar and support your local economy? that said.. art walk is a good source.

• jain_rupali
    11 years ago

I used Glasstilestore.com. First I ordered samples and later placed the order. The tils were packed very well and no tile was damaged. I also ordered tiles from susanjablon.com and again all tiles were shipped with out any problem.

This post was edited by jain_rupali on Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 14:16

• threeapples
    11 years ago

I 2nd the Oracle Stone and Tile--they have been great for all our orders.

I'd like to warn about Stonetiledepotdotcom. They really screwed us.

I love the idea of supporting brick-and-mortar stores, but ours are at least twice the cost of the online sources.

• sombreuil_mongrel
    11 years ago

Hi,
    I have had great experience with The Tile Shop, which sell online and through retail stores. You can see all of their catalog online, then talk to a real expert when ordering. Their order-taker was extremely helpful and steered me toward a different color marble which ended up being better than I hoped.
    Casey

• User
    11 years ago

I second Pro Source as a great place to check out. I recently had a friend/client buy some absolutely perfect crackle subway tile from them for her backsplash for a great price. We'd been looking for the perfect green off and on for months. No, it's not online, but often the best deals aren't.

Willow Green Crackle, right at $14 a square foot for the subway. Most places wanted triple that plus shipping.

• graywolfrises
    10 years ago

I recent bought tile from opera tile and stone house online (wwwoperatilecom) and it worked just excellent. Prices were reasonable n they packed really nice n materials were of high quality

• gabbythecat
    10 years ago

Anyone know anything about tilemuralstore.com? We found some *great* accent tiles that we are about to order for our shower..