Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beige toned grout for white hex floor tiles?

Posted by Ruth_123 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 16:00

I'd really appreciate some advice about choosing a grout colour for the white porcelain hex tiles (1") which will go on our very small guest bathroom floor (5' x 7'6")?

I see that there are lots of posts about grout for white hexes here, but they seem to mostly talk about GREY-based grouts, which look fabulous, but would probably not be right with our wall tiles.

I would love to use white grout, but really don't want to drive myself crazy keeping that clean! Has anyone used a BEIGE-toned grout with white hex floor tiles? (Any photos would be so helpful.)

Our tile installer preferes to use Mapei BTW.

Thanks a lot,
Ruth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beige toned grout for white hex floor tiles?

I don't know if it'll help you, but I used TEC "pearl" unsanded for my calacatta gold honed backsplash. It's sort of a taupe/gray/beige color.

photo DSC_0142.jpg

photo DSC_0148.jpg

o

That's beautiful, Kevin.

o

I wish I would have seen the Tec "pearl" grout earlier. I went with something that has turned out too light - it isn't stark white but still more white than I like. The Tec "pearl" would have given me the extra beige "hue" that I wanted. That looks lovely. This picking out grout is no easy task. I didn't take it seriously enough. It dries lighter than I thought and my contractor only had questions - he didn't want to offer suggestions - I think he has been burned before. Oh well.

o

Thanks Kevin! Your kitchen looks great and I think that your TEC "pearl" grout could be PERFECT for our floor!

Yes, elphaba, choosing grout is not easy at all!

This post was edited by Ruth_123 on Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 14:36

o

Kevin - I admired your new bathroom....now I also love your kitchen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here