Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do I really have Showerguard?

Posted by sophierex (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 15:25

Our new shower glass was installed about 6 weeks ago by the glass man our contractor normally uses. The product he generally uses is Enduroshield but I told him I wanted Showerguard and he said he could get it. He gave us quotes for both with the Showerguard being about $200 higher. Now that it's in, I'm starting to wonder if I really got Showerguard. We towel dry or squigee every other day but I am seeing water marks. The receipt did not note Showerguard and I got no paperwork about their guarantee. Is there any way, such as a mark on the glass, to figure out if I have Showerguard or not?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do I really have Showerguard?

Unfortunately the only way to tell for certain is with a meter that is made specifically for testing the glass for Showerguard. This meter is manufactured for Guardian and costs if I am not mistaken in the $450-500 range. I would call Guardian in reference to this issue but if the receipt does not specifically say Showerguard you very well may not have gotten Showerguard.

o

There is supposed to be a label that is on the glass when it arrives to ensure it's showerguard. you use that label to register the showerguard online. we're having it for our showerglass and that's what our installer told us.

o

Ours came with a label on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here