Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what about this pricing?

Posted by scrappy25 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 14:55

Is $1500 a good price for replacement of bathroom floor tile and tiled shower surround in the mid Atlantic area? The details are listed below. I suspect that this is at cost for the company and they are counting on additional business since it's hard just to redo the floors. For just the tile replacement, I thought of asking about
-shower head and controls replacement
-removing and reinstalling shower doors
-caulking included?
-cost of new subfloor if needed.
-cost of ditra/kerdi with waterproofing on the bath floor
Anything else I am not thinking of?

We have occasional water leaks onto our downstairs ceiling which have mostly resolved with regrouting the current tiles but I would really like to have that waterproofed floor if possible.

Included in $1500 tile pricing-demo, labor, material
-Demolition of old bathroom tile and bagging of all trash
-Installation of tile flooring on the bathroom (up to 40 sq. ft.)
-Installation of tile surround in the tub/shower area (up to 60 sq. ft.)
-Installation of 1/2" cement board on floors and walls surrounding shower
-Installation and grouting of tile on floor and walls (up to 100 sq. ft. combined)
-All material included including tile (Standard tile included is 6x6 tile in bone or eggshell, upgraded tile available at dealer-direct additional costs)
-Includes resealing of the toilet
New shower head is NOT included but can be purchased at fair dealer pricing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what about this pricing?

They do not describe doing a new shower pan or waterproofing the walls. The important part isn't the shower head, it's the valves behind the wall. And it would be foolish to do this job without replacing them.

Its about half the price I'd expect for quality work even in a low cost labor area. That would give me pause. That and the lack of detail mentioned about the truly important part of the job.

Get more quotes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here