Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would light green paint be too cold for master bath?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 14:52

I picked cream color tiles for my master bath. It's small. Would light green paint on the wall appear too cold? The bathroom is bright and has a venting skylight.

Hallway bath would have light yellow marble-like tiles, and I'd use light yellow paint on the wall.

Thank you very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would light green paint be too cold for master bath?

I think it depends on the shade of green that you choose.

Green can be either cool...

Or warm...

Some people avoid green in the bathroom because it can be less flattering. If you've got cream colored tile and natural light, I think that a soft green would be lovely.

You might want to post your question in the Home Decorating forum also. There are many color and paint experts there who could make specific recommendations if you post a picture of your selections and a description of the look that you are trying to achieve.

This post was edited by treasuretheday on Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 15:17

o

I used BM grasshopper and I love it.

o

I love green and cream together. What sort of a green are you looking at?

o

All I remember is my MIL painted her bath green and had to repaint right away as it gave everyone a greenish cast to their skin, looking like they were about to be sick on a rocky boat ... ever since then, I look for warm peachy or creamy colors that add a nice blush to the complexion.

That being said, the soft green in the bathroom is very trendy and has been for awhile to get that "spa" look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here