Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Layout

Posted by Kitchenin2013 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 3, 13 at 14:48

We are having a real hard time coming up with a reasonable floor plan for a remodeled master suite -- we're faced with a few constraints, the entrance to the room and the locations of the shower and the slider have to stay the same.

I produced a few alternatives to this layout (the current is probably version 12), that included a hallway to the room, with a combined bathroom and closet. Locations of the doors to the bathroom and closet varied quite a bit. In the end, my husband and I weren't comfortable with the number of doors and entrances to the bedroom as we felt like it reduced the amount of livable space. We're so desperate for help that we've tried to post on multiple locations: Here's our discussion on Houzz, see link below.

We're open to all suggestions. Thank you again in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz Discussion

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Layout

I don't like walking through the bathroom to the bedroom. Given your constraints of bathroom in the upper left (because of current plumbing) and bedroom in the upper right (because of sliding glass door), the least of the evils is to put the closet below the bathroom, as in your original design on houzz. Yeah, hallways are wasted space, but not as bad as a wonky layout like the above. Your choice on whether the door opens into the bedroom or into the hallway. I'd pick the bedroom, as that gives you more hanging space. If you pick the hallway, make sure it swings in, to avoid blocking the hall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here