Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower threshold - looking for options

Posted by shnaz224 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 14:47

Hi

We are doing our master bath and I looking for a threshold for the shower. The standard thresholds that the local tile places sell - come in 3 options and none of then match my floor tile - it's officially grey but has beige/ brown in it. My wall tiles are white.
I saw caeserstone in shiitake color which seams to match really well and now I am trying to work out where I can buy that size price caeserstine/ quartz or another solid surface company.

Any input would be great - thanks.

Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower threshold - looking for options

Are you getting new countertops? In my remodel, I'm having the granite fabricator prepare a piece to be used for the shower threshold (and for a shelf in the niche). Maybe that would be an option for you?

o

Just to add to Jewel's suggestion of using a matching granite threshold, the granite fabricator I deal with carries some solid surface pieces in his yard. I limit myself to picking remnants out of the yard, cuz he prices them just by the size and you can snag a really nice quality piece for much less than 'market value'.

Then again, a threshold could be relatively pricey, cuz you're paying for the fabricating/finishing, and even though it's a narrow piece, you have to have both sides finished off. Just the niche shelf (from same slab as my counter) cost $75.

o

Thanks.

I failed to mention we bought our vanities and countertop altogether so we don't really have that option;(

o

Thanks

Has anyone use daltile fabrique gris linen tile and shitake caeserstone?
I found a place that will cut smaller prices of caeserstone I just want to make sure color is right;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here