Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jahansell

Bathroom wallpaper and 'wainscoting"

jahansell
10 years ago

Preface by saying: my skill level is basic, I don't own a lot of tools. But I'd like to do this myself if I can.

My tiny bathroom (about 9x6, maybe) has old dreary wallpaper, and some kind of plastic or PVC wainscoting with a little border at the edge also of plastic. It seems glued down but I haven't yet tried to pry it up. The bathtub / shower is also plasticy but I'm not going to attempt doing anything with that - definitely above my pay grade!)

I'd like to cover the wallpaper with new paper (without removing the old) and cover the plastic wainscoting with something else - maybe wood because that's such a nice look (and maybe is easier than tile.)

Would love to hear suggestions for how to go about this - should I try to pry up the plastic stuff or can I just go right over it? Is this something I can do with some very basic skills or do I need to hire someone? Any other wise words? I'm not replacing the vanity (I painted it) but if I really get ambitious Id love to do the floor, which is also just a piece of ugly vinyl.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville