Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

BioBidet Installed! Who knew I'd like a warm seat?

raehelen
10 years ago

Progress on our MB is inching along... but DH finally got the shut-off valve installed, and BioBidet toilet seat (washlet) all hooked up! First trial run...could hear the water, nothing reached me, tried the wash cycle again (feminine cycle), OK 2X no water, tried the Posterior wash, yup water reached me, but by this time it was ice cold, and I mean frikken freezin cold! One way to wake everything up! Oh, OK, guess I learned you need to wait 3 min for water to reheat after using 2 cycles... Then, no one told me it takes 3 minutes for the dry cycle! Just a head's up for those of you planning to use a washlet in a toilet only room, think about having a shelf somewhere for that cup of coffee or even a magazine rack... and learn to sit back and relax! Probably a really good thing to do anyways!

Oh yeah, and I had NO idea how nice a warm seat is in the middle of January!

P.S. turns out DH didn't remove all the packing tape before installing, that's why the water didn't reach at first! LOL

Comments (5)

• lotteryticket
    10 years ago

Too funny. That's like wondering why the computer doesn't work only to find it's not plugged in. I don't have a heated toilet seat. But in my car, yes indeed. And my spoiled tush loves it. Especially on mornings like these. Glad you're making progress on the remodel. Today is the first time in weeks that I feel like we are making some too. Plumbing and electrical inspections down. It's time to move on to insulation and drywall. Woo hoo!

• MongoCT
    10 years ago

Raehelen, I can relate.

Sat down last week to a VERY warm seat. Surprised the heck out of me, my wife had cranked it up that morning. Took me a half second to realize..."oh...so nice!"

The warm water does run out after a bit. I've gotten used to the transition from warm to tepid to cold water if we run several cycles, that doesn't bother me. But a cold blast right off the bat? Yup, that can be a bit of a surprise.

The drying feature, I don't use that so much. I'm not a fan of it. Pun intended.

• herring_maven
    10 years ago

rachelen: "Then, no one told me it takes 3 minutes for the dry cycle!"

It can, but need not. Two panels (squares) of "strong" toilet paper, folded together to make a double layer single panel, will blot 99 percent of the water in a second, then the warm air will need no more than ten seconds to finish the job.

• enduring
    10 years ago

Raehelen, herring maven taught me the same technique :) works like a charm. The dryer is just fluff, (pun intended too). When I get my next Inax, I will op out of the higher wattage dryer and save some money.

The warm seat is wonderful. I didn't know I'd like it either. When our power goes out and comes back on, my Inax model resets the seat to the high setting and has to be turned down to low. I never used the seat warmer until my daughter came home to visit and turned it on. She is of the type that takes advantage of all luxuries. So I tolerated the warm seat function until she left. Well, I couldn't bring myself to turn it off so it's still on. Come spring I'll likely shut it off again.

So happy for you. Things are coming along.

• raehelen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ah! Thanks Herring Maven! I actually had to do research online, and there wasn't really any info on the intricacies of actually using the thing! I was doing it backwards...dryer then blotting. Will try that way next time! In fact one site said I had to flush before using the dryer (for obvious reasons, it said). Well, I couldn't stomach the idea of sitting there while toilet flushed (for obvious reasons), and just couldn't find any info anywhere to corroborate that! Have since found (now that I'm 24 hours experienced...LOL), that I don't have to sit for complete cycles of washing or drying. Guess I will learn when enough is enough! I have found the dryer sometimes encourages me to 'leak a little', and then I have to start the process all over...guess I'm going to have to educate myself...am really happy though...not sure if DH will ever use it...but I'm betting the engineer in him will give in eventually! LOL

Enduring, the moment I stepped on our tile floor, I went "oh crap (no pun intended), maybe I should have got underfloor heating!" DH has since discovered a product that we could install under the subfloor from the basement...that may be a viable option. Will see how I endure (pun intended) using the BR with cold floors! What I love and hate about this whole DIY home reno is that we are sort of blindly trudging through new territory for us. What sometimes seems commonplace on GW is totally foreign, so I really dismissed needing underfloor heating and I assumed I would never use the seat warmer either. Not only has it not been turned off, today I turned it up one notch! But, I am thinking it will go off once warm weather arrives. BTW, I keep my house @ 60F during the day in winter, so I like it on the cool side.