Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Radiant floor heat (mats..)?

Posted by slowdowntohurryup (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 31, 12 at 13:43

Was looking to piece together a system over the net (probably buy the mats off of ebay) and was wondering which systems people like/use most...it will be going under tile.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Radiant floor heat (mats..)?

I have the Nutone brand mats and the mats purchased from Costco. The Nutone has a better-easier controller, but the Costco mats function the same and I can't tell the difference between the two.

Just my 2 cents.

o

Six and a half years ago, I installed SunTouch mats in my bathroom. They are still working well and I wouldn't have tile without them. I DIY'd them and found them to be a pretty easy install. I recommend the programmable thermostat.

o

they are all good. They all heat. There is no difference.

if you want to study things, look at the thermostat that will go with it.

o

I have Easyheat by warm Tiles. It's fine. I like it -- actually I love the warm floor. However Davidro makes a good point. The thermostat on mine is difficult to decipher.

o

thanks for the replies...i did notice the difference in the thermostats online (havent put my hands on any yet) but the warmly yours was my initial pick (thermostat wise) - but suntouch was mat wise...
hmmm

o

Search this forum for "heated floors" and you'll see several threads that ask (and answer) the same question. Lots of good info from those of us who have gone before.

We used Warming Systems.

o

I assume it's OK to mix wires/mats from one brand and thermostat from the other? I plan to get Suntouch Warmwires and Aube TH115-AF-120S thermostat, simply because found a good deal on it. I know Warming Systems sells this thermostat with wires as a package, but I can't get from them the linear length of wires in the spool (something Warmwires provides, and I need it rather than square footage). The Warming Systems installation manual says to use thermostat with built-in CFGI, but the thermostat they sell (Aube TH115-AF-120S) doesn't have it. So is it OK to just connect it to already existing CFGI circuit or we need to install a dedicated line for floor installation?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here