Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dsf767

Bathtub Refinishing

dsf767
10 years ago

Hello All,

Back again for another remodeling project (the last one!). So my story is about 5 years ago I bought a 2 bedroom 1 bath condo and over that time I have been slowly remodeling everything, the bathroom is the last thing to get done (its avocado green and from the 80's).

I am at a point where I have a better job so once I am done with with bathroom I plan to put the condo on the market this spring, the problem is I had my Realtor come and look at the unit and all the work I have done and while he is impressed he does not think I can get back what I paid for the unit plus everything I put into it.

I am ok with not getting everything back that I put into it (I have saved money plus with his assessment I will still be walking away with some money from sale) but the main problem is he basically said I have to get the bathroom done or its not even worth listing.

Now I already have most of the stuff to remodel the bathroom (tiles, toilet, new cabinet, fixtures, etc.) and my father and I are going to be doing the work ourselves to save on labor (we have done the whole unit), but the one thing that we cant do on our own in the bathtub, I called my plumber and got a price on a new tub + install but it will double the price of the bathroom remodel and I already know I am not going to get that money back out of it.

Now I have read a couple threads on here about this and there are mixed results with a re-glaze, some have said it looks great and held up well while other say its been junk after a month.

This will be done by a professional re-glazing company, if I go this route. I have always done everything the preferred way up to this point which shows in the results on how much the condo has transformed in my ownership, I just wanted to share my situation so you get a mindset of where I am at.

So what do you guys think, will the re-glaze be alright or should I bite the bullet and go with a new tub.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling