Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doggiemom_gw

Would you install your Rainshower again?

DoggieMom
13 years ago

If you had do it over again would you still install a Rainshower head? This will be a secondary head for my bathroom if I do one. I would like for it to be installed in the ceiling. This is a bathroom renovation, not new construction, is installing a rainshower head in the ceiling going to be a big deal for my Contractor?

Thanks!

Comments (15)

• MongoCT
    13 years ago

We use one in the ceiling as our secondary head, it's on it's own temp/supply valve.

Love it.

Would do it again. Don't use it all the time, but when you're in the mood for a wet blah session it just seems so nice.

Installation is simple for a qualified and capable person.

• bh401
    13 years ago

My husband prefers a regular head. I prefer the rain head except when I was my hair(very long and thick-need more power to rinse)
    In our master bath remodel on old house I found a combo that we installed. The rain head on an extension arm came out of the wall in place of the regular head(It arched up) then it had a mountable hand shower complete with massage) It was the best of both worlds without the added plumbing expense. It was one of the Atlantis shower heads. I put a link below to where I got mine. They have several so this link shows them all.
    We are currently building and we have two showers heads in the master with their own controls plus I have a hand held on an inwall diverter on my side.(Delta Vero)The hand held doesn't have massage or anything but loved the ease of cleaning the shower with a hand held.

Here is a link that might be useful: dual showers without extra plumbing

• sedeno77
    13 years ago

YES!!!!!!!!!!

• Olychick
    13 years ago

I hesitated about a rain shower because we have low water pressure, but after reading about the Hansgrohe air injected shower heads, I took a chance. Mine isn't in the ceiling, but on a long arm because it has different settings and I wanted to be able to reach it. I love it! I think because I hate water spraying directly into my face, I love that all the spray is from above. I have long hair, low water pressure and have no problems with rinsing shampoo at all. So YES, I'd do it again.

• pharaoh
    13 years ago

Yes.

• DoggieMom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. All positive comments, no negative so I'm planning to move forward with the rainshower head. It just seems so luxurious.

• jillalamedat
    13 years ago

Could you stay overnight at a hotel that has one just to check it out? The people who installed them are probably people who liked the idea before they installed them, and if you aren't sure a rainshower sounds like a good idea you might not like it as much as they did.

• sojay
    13 years ago

I put in both a rainshower and a handheld, Grohe. We don't have particularly low water pressure, still the pressure on the rainshower is very light. Not enough to rinse hair with. Both of us rarely use the rainshower on a daily basis. Nevertheless, it's a pleasant way of staying warm during lingering showers.

• jjaazzy
    13 years ago

Love my new rain shower head, they are not all the same tho. My new one has large big drops that pound on you, I love it!

• fenton70
    13 years ago

jjaazzy, could you please let me know which shower head you have, I am looking for "large drops" rain shower! Thanks.

• sandn
    13 years ago

Yes. Absolutely. I didn't think I would like it. I thought it might be too much a deluge, but it is wonderful. We also have a hand held shower head mounted on a rail, but I hardly use it.

• jimnyo
    13 years ago

bump...i'd like to know what jjazzy has too! thank!

• cjc123
    12 years ago

bump! ME too! Photo of your shower also ? ;)

• clg7067
    12 years ago

I had a crumby aftermarket rain shower that I removed immediately for a handheld. I need the handheld for my hair and can only have one think in my tiny shower.