Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjetexas

Master bath remodel done

sjetexas
14 years ago

Updated our awful early 90s era bathroom recently. Over budget, took almost a month longer than we planned (contractor was slooow), and there are a few things I wish we did differently...but overall we're happy with the results. Any questions, let me know.

I really appreciate this forum for all the advice/ideas we got during this long process...

Comments (20)

• andreadeg
    14 years ago

Congratulations! Your updated bathroom looks fantastic! Job well done! It looks like a peaceful retreat. I'm sure you are relieved to have the bathroom done!

• User
    14 years ago

That looks great! I ditto what andreadeg says, you must be sooo tickled with the results.

• annkathryn
    14 years ago

Gorgeous - the colors are so soothing. I love how you used different-sized tiles. Nice job!

• jakkom
    14 years ago

Beautiful remodel - you must have been so happy to see that wallpaper come down, LOL!

• minac
    14 years ago

OMG - I loved the side by side comparison. Just looking at the pictures I can feel the difference. It's like when I see the kids today and think how much better the in-styles are now than when I was a kid growing up in the 80's. I mean, can neon, one lace glove like Madonna, and leg warmers really look good on anyone? And yet, we thought we looked too cool. Great job on the bathroom. Serenity and calm is what I thought of when I saw the after pics.

• Stacey Collins
    14 years ago

That's so lovely. Removing the soffit was a great idea... enjoy!

• jtb2004
    14 years ago

Beautiful! What a great transformation!

• gmnolen
    14 years ago

Wow! What a beautiful transformation. I, too, have an early 90's bath with those horrid gold accents. I cannot wait to remodel mine. Thanks for the great inspiration pics!

• boo_salb
    14 years ago

Wow...This looks beautiful! The extra time is usually always worth the wait. What type of tile did you use for the flooring?

Thanks,
    Boo

• semi
    14 years ago

Adding my ooohs and aaaahs to your lovely transformation. I immediately copied this thread to send to my sister who has a similar before look!

Great job. I do love details, so could you tell me how long it took and what you used for the granite, tub and sinks.

Thanks!

• girlcat36
    14 years ago

That looks so beautiful--like a breath of fresh air!

• sjetexas
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

To answer...
    -All the tile is porcelain.
    -The granite is actually silestone..."sienna ridge" model
    -Tub is one of the basic drop-in acrylic models from Royal Bath
    -The sinks are actually a Home Depot store brand model (decolav?)...were like $40/ea. They were completely identical to a Kohler model that was twice as much.
    -process took like 9 weeks. Contractor was not fast...lots of days where nothing happened, there was a long delay on the tub for some reason, and the holidays didn't help. We were quoted like 5 weeks when we signed the contract.

• coolbeansw
    14 years ago

WOW! This is truly inspirational. Everything about your new bathroom is so eye-pleasing.

• desertsteph
    14 years ago

it's beautiful. I think 'serene'.

what are your over mirror lights? i really like the sink faucet - but i need a single handle.

• sjetexas
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The lights are a Hampton Bay model I found at Home Depot (pretty cheap, like $89). They kinda suck though...can't tell in the photo but they're a little crooked. And it's not the installation...if you straighten the base, the beam for the lights tilts a bit. Thought it was just a bad unit, but they both do it. Annoying, but not too noticeable so I just let it be.

• Kelly
    14 years ago

Really gorgeous. Love the floor tile and silestone. Getting rid of the soffit really opened it up.

• calgal5
    14 years ago

Beautiful! I like the neutral colors. What is your paint color on the wall?

• sjetexas
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's Macadamia from Sherwin Williams. It actually came out a little too green for our tastes. Looks good in photos and not bad in daylight, but at night the green undertone really kicks in.

• wi-sailorgirl
    14 years ago

Very nice! What size is your shower?

• bikrchc
    14 years ago

I have the same comment as many of the others...the first thing I thought is that your new bathroom is very soothing.

My neighbor used a paint color for her living room that is similar to how it looks in your pictures, but it is Manchester Tan by Benjamin Moore for anyone who is interested.

I particularly like what you did with the shower.