Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

So indecisive...help me with mirror/sconce placement

piscesgirl
11 years ago

Our master bathroom is quite small (~7.5' x 7'). The wall our vanity will be on has a window on it, so the actual space we have to hang a mirror is 35.5" wide. I want to do a venetian mirror with two sconces on the side, but I am now I am worried it may look too crammed and busy.

I was able to find a couple of venetian mirrors at 20" wide. Smaller mirrors were 15" wide and I thought they would look to tiny. A 20" wide mirror leaves 7.75" on each side for sconces. Is that enough space? We were looking at some sconces with very narrow back-plates (2.5"w x 4.5" H) but still the shades are 4" - 6" wide and my concern is the shade will be right up against the wall.

I don't want to do an overhead light. My other thought was to just place the mirror on that wall and put the sconces on the right entry wall and the far left wall, like in the picture attached. Which do you think would look best?

Mirror choice:
If we do the sconces on the side walls our mirror choices wouldn't be so limited. The mirrors I were looking at were an oval at 20"x33" and a rectangle at 20"x47". Since majority of the mirrors available are 22" or 24" wide. Do you think a 22"x48 or 24"x48" would look ok on a wall space only 35.5" x 68" high? Would they be too large? How about the 20"x47"...still to large?

I would appreciate any input. I seem to have hit a wall of indecisiveness on picking out mirrors and sconces.

Comments (6)