Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy with Kohler Memoirs Stately toilet so far

Posted by whiteycat (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 11:00

I was on this forum about a month ago looking for opinions on Kohler toilets vs. Toto toilets. Well, we decided to go ahead with a Kohler Memoirs Stately toilet for the guest bathroom, mainly because of how nice it looks. We ordered the 1.6 gpf comfort height elongated in bisque. We ordered through efaucets online so we could get it fast and installed by our plumber just before Christmas.

We love the looks of the toilet! It almost looks like a throne since the base is almost a square! We live in a state that still allows a 1.6 gpf so we wanted that type. This toilet has what Kohler calls a Class Five flush. It seems to be working fine. But has only been "really tested" once or twice so far, if ya know what I mean. The flush is very fast, very short and has a loud gurgle at the end. Just fine!

We also ordered the soft close seat for it. (something with the word Glen in it ?) Looks good on this toilet. I love the comfort height toilets, but this seat adds about almost an inch to the height and actually it is a tad high for me. I am 5' 4" with short legs, so I just make sure the wool area rug is under my feet, and that works for me. So far, we are very happy with this toilet and how it flushes.

I ordered from efaucets because we were in a time crunch and that is the only major online source that was able to deliver the toilet in less than a week or 10 days. I ordered it on a Saturday, and it left their warehouse Monday afternoon. We received it on Wednesday morning! Only 2 days to get it. I was under the impression from their website that it would be delivered via a local truck so that we would be able to inspect it. But it was delivered via UPS and when he left it on our driveway, he did not ring our doorbell. We had no idea it had been delivered until later that day! So we did not have a chance to inspect it while he was there.

But luckily it was fine and our plumber installed it with no problems. He is a "Kohler" man. He loves this toilet. As opposed to the being a "Toto" guy. :)

I am still debating between a Toto Drake 1.6 vs the Kohler Cimmaron 1.6 for our master bath. Oh, and after my research, it seems the only Class Six flush Kohler is the Cimmaron. (might only be on the 1.28. I can't remember now.) No other styles have it. It is the same as the Class Five but has more rim holes that clean the bowl more efficiently. At least, that is my impression from what I read.

If you have any questions about our new toilet or efaucets, please let me know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy with Kohler Memoirs Stately toilet so far

We have the same Kohler and love it as well. I had a Toto Drake in my old house and while it rarely clogged, it was a total PITA to plunge when it did. I prefer the Kohler's for that reason (and the fact they are cheaper than the Toto!)

o

Just following up to say we still like the new Kohler Memoirs toilet we installed in December. It has plugged up only one time. If we hold the handle down longer, more water flushes through so we are now doing that when necessary. ah hem.
I had read that some people said this flush, Class Five ( I am pretty sure), did not clean the bowl well. We had no problems at all with that. IIt looks as clean as the day it was installed.
We are more pleased that we expected to be. Just want to post this follow up since it might help someone decide.
I am now leaning toward getting the Kohler Cimmaron toilet for our master and upstairs bathrooms. I think it has a Class Six flush and should clean the bowl even better.

o

We have the Memoirs in 2 downstairs baths and the Cimmaron in 2 upstairs baths -- happy with all of them.

o

Whiteycat, it is a nice looking toilet! I installed a Memoirs during my bathroom remodel about five years ago, because I saw it in the showroom and loved the look. I still love it and have had no problems with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here