Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inexpensive freestading tub

Posted by piu007 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 10:33

hi all,

We are building a new house and ur style is transitional/modern. I really would like to have a freestanding tub under a large window in the master bathroom. This is, we dont use a bathtub, like ever. We are shower people. So, getting this bathtub is an indulgence, just for looks. Hence, I'd like to go as inexpensive as possible, as long as I get a look I like.
I found this on overstock...
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Wyndham-Collection-UVA-Free-Standing-Soaking-Bathtub/6462675/product.html

Any experiences with it? Anyone?
I dont need it to be super hardy/long wearing/retain heat, etc. Of course, I dont want it to crack down the middle one fine day or something...
Anyone have suggetions re: other modern-looking freestanding tubs in this price range?
Xposting on the home building forum, too.
Many thanks in advance!
piu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inexpensive freestading tub

Signature Hardware has many freestanding tubs in your price range.

o

Thank you, writersblock! Any experience dealing with the website per se... customer service, shipping delays/damages, etc. My designer and builder are super wary of me getting anything online, so I would appreciate any info. Thanks!

o

Maxx Jazz and Pearl tubs are two brands my plumber specs for my customers and they are seemingly affordable - however, I am not sure of the best place to buy them from retail. Hope that helps a bit! Or at least gives you ideas :)

o

I haven't used signature hardware myself, but many people here have done so and speak well of them.

EDIT I think there's one complaint here somewhere but I couldn't find it just now.

This post was edited by writersblock on Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 16:42

o

I just purchased the Maxx JazzF tub from Quality Bath. My friend has the same tub and is very pleased with the quality. It has a 25 year warranty unlike the ones at Home Depot or Signature Hardware which in the same price range have only a 5 year warranty. I think you will be very happy with the Maxx. I am like you I am mostly buying it very show but I want it to hold up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here