Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mountainseer

Signature Hardware...Le Bijou or Whittington console sink quality

mountainseer
13 years ago

Hey Everyone:

I'm new to the forum, and wanted to see if anyone has ordered bath fixtures from Signature Hardware. I am looking at their chrome-plated Le Bijou sink (would also order the thicker granite table-top...1.25 inches) for a bath remodel, but am concerned about the quality of the item, esp the chrome plating. Has anyone used a console sink base from either this line or the Whittington Collection line, and if so, what has been your experience? I'm concerned primarily about the quality of the finish, and possible pitting over time. Here's the link to the product I am considering:

http://www.signaturehardware.com/product13975

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, and have a great day!

Comments (8)

• southerngallost
    13 years ago

Hi Mountainseer,
    I installed the bijou with the carrara marble top (which only came in the 3/4" ) and polished nickel legs in our 3rd floor guest bath.
    On the whole, I was reasonably pleased with the quality for the price. I was worried that it would be flimsy, but it is much sturdier than I would have expected.
    The 2 things that bug me. The underside of the sink is unfinished, and (although it sounds like it won't be an issue for you) The sink drain is finished in chrome... so it doesn't really work with my polished nickel fixtures.

I originally was going to order the sink with four legs but ultimately went with two.... Here's a link to some photos of the installed sink.

I can't really speak to etching as the bathroom has only been used by guests for a total of maybe 5 days....

tiny 3rd floor guest bath under the eaves

• mountainseer
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Southerngallost:

Wow, thanks for the thorough feedback, and the great pictures of your bath reno. Very similar to what we are doing, and you even used the same sconces! Love the finished product. Glad to hear that the quality appears to be good, that's important to us. Again, thanks for taking the time to share your opinion and more importantly, photos and plans!

• southerngallost
    13 years ago

You are most welcome. So glad to help in some small way.... I can't tell you how many posts I put up with questions on that tiny little bath... which is why all those photos and layouts are on picassa... and its not even finished yet! sigh. this forum was a great resource for me...
    Good luck and do share photos when you are finished!

• kanoe
    12 years ago

Hi Mountainseer & Southerngallost,
    I am following up on your past posts regarding bathroom renovations where you purchased/considered purchasing Le Bijou or Whittington console sink from Signature Hardware. I am renovating 2 bathrooms: 1 with a 36" Restoration Hardware Gramercy washstand and the other smaller bathroom can only fit a 30" or smaller washstand. Mountainseer,would you recommend the Le Bijou sink? Southerngallost, would you recommend having the sink custom fabricated since you prefer a dual glazed undermount basin? Mountainseer, how was your experience with Signature Hardware? This is my first bathroom renovation and I'm a bit nervous about ordering online from a merchant that I am not familiar with. Thank you!

• lizziebethtx
    12 years ago

I just ordered a vanity from them. It won't be delivered until after thanksgiving. I, too, was (am) nervous about it. I've never ordered anything so pricey sight-unseen. However, the lady in customer service was very nice and spent a long time with me answering questions. I have my fingers crossed it will be a nice vanity. I"ll post my opinion when I receive it. BTW, I was impressed it is made with hardwoods and not veneer or particle board. If you decide to order, ask to speak to Beth.

• widgetfun
    11 years ago

I didn't order the LeBijou, but rather the Mason console sink in chrome. I ordered it Saturday, and it arrived today. I also have not ordered major items online before, but I researched all of the options until I narrowed it down to the Mason console. I was nervous when I unpacked it; not knowing what to expect, damage, would it look like the ad, etc. I was so impressed. It's absolutely beautiful and I couldn't be happier. The chrome finish is more attractive than anticipated and the sink glaze is too perfection. Couldn't be happier expect for the fact that there are no assembly/installation instructions, which is why I logged on tonight in the first place. Seems simple, but still want to install it correctly.

• swedishchicken
    11 years ago

We considered a console sink from Signature Hardware but went with a vanity cabinet from them instead because we need the storage so desperately. Just wanted to say that we've had excellent luck with SH and purchased a 72" double slipper clawfoot cast iron tub with chrome fixtures from them about ten years ago and it's still in great shape. The chrome faucet and shower surround has held up nicely and I believe it was a Whittington. They're a great company to deal with. They shipped everything very quickly and we had no problems whatsoever.

Southerngallost, the photo of your bathroom is beautiful. Nice choice!

• wishiwasinoz
    11 years ago

Thank you for this post! This is exactly what I am looking for, too. Southerngallost, what a lovely bathroom!