Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jengri

Restoration Hardware Bathroom Fixtures

jengri
16 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone has installed Restoration Hardware faucets, etc in their bathroom and how the quality compares to Kohler? Thank you.

Comments (17)

• iamnodiy
    16 years ago

I have read on this forum that Newport Brass manufactures RH plumbing fixtures. That being said, For the price of the RH plumbing fixture I would rather know for sure what I was getting by purchasing the one that has the manufacture name on it. I have to say that the RH fixtures are beautiful.

• sonicstef
    16 years ago

I am using RH fixtures.

Yes, they are made by Newport Brass and have a totally metal construction.

I don't have Kohler fixtures to compare it to but they have the same feel as some of the higher end fixtures I was considering (waterwork, herbeau, etc..)

If you can wait until their 20% off sale, the prices are reasonable.

• allison0704
    16 years ago

I did RH Bistro faucets for soaking tub, 2 showers and 5 sinks (ORB & BN). I did Kohler Fairfax (single lever) shower fixtures in the 2 lower level bathrooms. I had ordered Kohler single lever faucets but the countertop guys put in three holes - so I ordered more RH faucets.

We've been in over two years and haven't had any problems. The RH are made by NB and are not only beautiful but well made. The Bistro line is very heavy. Some of the RH faucets are not. The one I thought I wanted before I saw it in person was not well made, imo. Very thin, lightweight, bad feel turning the handles.

fwiw, both plumbing companies that gave us bids did not mind me going outside of their company to purchase the fixtures I wanted...but both said to stay away from Kohler. They said they are not as well made as they used to be. That said, I went ahead with them for the lower level since it had the look I wanted. We rarely, if ever, use those showers so I can't testify to how they've held up since they haven't been used daily or even weekly.

One word of advice; if you order more than one item from RH, request they be shipped as items become available. We purchased during the annual bath sale - waited and waited and waited. I would call and they said "we only need 1 XYZ to ship your order." Waited.....still no shipment. I found out they don't actually "pull" your things to the side, so while waiting for last XYZ to come in, they would give something to another person. After about 4 phone calls...and a GC who was ready to go out and purchase shower valves locally, they started coming in after a representative told me that's what was happening.

• debtro
    16 years ago

The bath sale is going on right now.

We did not order plumbing from RH. But we ordered a bunch of accessories, brushed nickel from the Campaign line. We ordered them back in early November and they all came in separate shipments, in bits and pieces, since then. Their estimated ship dates kept changing. We just got the last item this past week, 3 months later.

• jerseygirl_1
    16 years ago

I was going to order a towel ring and TP holder from them and found out I would have to wait until May. Can you imagine that? I wonder how they can throw a sale and not have inventory.

I ordered my PR fixture from them during their lighting sale and waited 6 weeks for one light. When the electrician was installing it, he had to totally rewire the fixture. It was make in either Japan or China (I don't remember which).

• suero
    16 years ago

If you're considering Newport Brass fixtures, check out plumbtile.com. I got my Newport Brass towel bars, towel rings, robe hooks and tp holder from them. Gorgeous stuff at an extremely reasonable price. Newport Brass comes in so many finishes that they don't carry much in inventory and make many pieces to order. The date of manufacture is on the box label. And the stuff is packed like fine jewelry.

• tarsier22
    16 years ago

This guys have a lot of answerers:
    http://homefixfree.com/index.html

Here is a link that might be useful: http://homefixfree.com/index.html

• tarsier22
    16 years ago

I found very helpful tips on this site:

just visit and you will see!!!

http://homefixfree.com/index.html

Here is a link that might be useful: http://homefixfree.com/index.html

• allison0704
    16 years ago

I wasn't impressed with the RH towel bars, etc. I purchased Emtek instead. Much better.

• malhgold
    15 years ago

We are in the process of redoing our kids bathroom and I have not looked at all at fixtures for this bathroom. I received a 20% off regular price coupon for Restoration Hardware and do like a couple of styles that they carry. Would 20% off Restoration Hardware prices be "comparable" to other manufacturers of similar quality? Unfortunately, all this product is internet only, so no chance of seeing it in real life. Thanks!!

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

Just in case the RH/Newport Brass connection isn't completely clear, at the RH outlet the faucet boxes are clearly marked "Newport Brass."

• Beth Platt
    8 years ago

We have recently installed the Restoration Hardware Eaton Shower Valves in our new bathroom and can not get the showers to stop dripping. We installed one controller and two diverter valves, they are lovely to look at but our plumber can not get them to stop dripping. I was able to get new cartridges and the plumbers did replace them but still dripping.

• Heather Petrone
    6 years ago

Beth! You are the only other one I see mentioning this. We've had nothing but MAJOR issues with RH Lugarno faucets made by Brasstech (newport brass) Ive called a plumber out 5 times in one year bc the ceramic disc breaks! Brasstech says to check the water pressure. I finally ended up getting a water pressure valve and months later it just happened again. FML!

• PRO
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    6 years ago

itsall1

We are interested in the issues you have with RH faucets, but please communicate privately to jime@starcraftcustombuilders.com.

Thank you.

• Heather Petrone
    6 years ago

I will agree that the look of RH is amazing. thats why I bought. I was torn between waterworks and RH, now I want functionality over design! I'm even scared to order the highgate waterworks faucets now bc of all of this. I know waterworks just designs and I'm not sure how their products stand up over time. I know Kohler has amazing customer service. have you seen the Newport brass reviews online? so many complaints about the same thing. one woman on houzz wrote a blog called Newport brass ...expensive garbage! bc she had 20k worth of flood damage to her house bc of the faucet disc breaking. so thankful that Never happened to me

• llmaloy
    5 years ago

Our RH polished nickel fixtures spot with the slightest introduction of moisture. One handheld showerhead is already corroding. RH custormer service suggested that we wipe down all the parts after each shower. For a dual headed shower with all the extras this will add another 15 minutes to the shower time. I would not advise RH. Our polished nickel door handles by another maunfacter in the same shower do not spot.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!