Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gothaml

Does a deep 60 x 30 cast iron tub exist?

gothaml
10 years ago

We are renovation our apartment and I. The process are going from a one bath apartment to a three bath apartment! This means I get my own bath. I had selected two bellwether tubs from kholer for my bath and my daughters bath but started thinking that I may want a deeper tub if it is just my bath, I may want to take an actually bath (especially if I don't have three other people using that space to bathe in all the time).

Our architects said of course you want a deep bath, but we should really try to stick to cast iron.

Sooooo

I've been looking but I can't seem to find a 60x 30 cast iron tub that is on the deeper side that I can also use to shower. I found one from Procherre (? Can't remember the spelling) but it does not look like it has enough flat space to stand when using it as a shower, as I would most of the time. We don't really have the space to do 32". The Archer would work if we have to but it is acrylic and the architects would much prefer cast iron do to durability and the fact we will likely live in this apartment for at least 20 years.

Thanks!!!

Comments (7)

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Best case would be to have a separate shower stall and a free cast iron claw tub, which you can find at salvage places and have re-enameled so they look brand spankin' new, but have architectural character and depth for a nice bath. But, it sounds like you don't have the room for that kind of set up?

• BOD14
    10 years ago

If you are looking for very nice freestanding cast iron bathtub that will give your bathroom the wow factor without breaking the bank but still giving you the quality of waterworks and such brands check out Penhaglion Artisan Crafted Cast Iron bathtubs, www.penhaglion.com

• gothaml
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We just have room for a combined shower/bath, so not a claw foot, I find those very hard to shower in (my MIL has one and we just use the other bathroom instead of trying to stand in it without slipping). We need a tub for alcove installation with an apron, or alcove drop in or undermount.

I mostly shower and will likely take a bath once every couple of weeks, or more often when I have my own bathroom.

Thanks!

• val0105
    9 years ago

I am also looking for a 60 x 30 cast iron tub, deeper than the 14.5" Villager, not free standing. Does anyone make one? In our last house we used the Kohler Mendota but it is 32" and won't fit in my current space ð¬

• piscesgirl
    9 years ago

I looked at a million tubs that would fit into our 60x30 space. Regarding deeper cast iron 60x30 tubs, there are two that I know of:

1) The tub you were kinda mentioning - Porcher Nouveau from the Ardennes Collection. Unfortunately this tub has since been discontinued, but you may be able to find someone who still has stock. The tub has a height of 19.6" (vs Villager 14") and an overflow height of 12.8" (vs Villager 8.6"), however it is a pricey tub (almost 4 times the cost of the Villager)...so you would have to decide if the extra depth is worth the extra cost.

2) Toto FBY1515LP - This tub has a height of 14.7" and an overflow height of 10.5", but again is much more than the Kohler Villager (almost 3 times the cost) so again, you would have to decide if the 2 inches of deeper water is worth another $600+ dollars.

On a side note, it isn't necessarily what I would call deeper (although it is a half inch deeper), but the Kohler Bellwether is a nice looking tub. Has a plainer/simpler apron. Reasonable price, but a little pricer than the Villager...but again, isn't going to give you that deep tub you are looking for.

Good Luck. I would have to say selecting the tub has the been the toughest decision on our hall bathroom remodel.

• HU-199002119
    5 years ago

Someone mentioned the Toto FBY1515LP as being deep. Soaking height on the spec sheet is only 9 5/16", which is a titch higher than the others, which tend to be 8 5/8ths... but not enough! Why doesn't someone make a 30x60 with 11" water depth cast iron! I ended up putting in the Mendota when I did my bath remodel, despite the 32" being wider than what fit optimally, because after 20 years of soaking in a clawfoot I wasn't about to settle for a lousy 8 and a half inches (well... now that came out all wrong...). Kohler! Toto! Please bring back deep alcove and corner cast iron tubs in 30x60!! They would sell like hotcakes!!