Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with guest room bathroom

Posted by bostonpam (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 8:24

Our contractor will start in March to finish our guest room suite so I need to have a plan. It was our old kitchen and pantry and was gutted when we had massive ice dams. We completed a major renovation a few years ago and ran the plumbing, electrical, gas, cable, etc just under the floor.

The suite is on the 2nd floor going up the back staircase off of the mudroom entrance. There's the built in pantry that I want to keep and put a vessel sink on the right. We'll take off the upper doors and shelves and put in a mirror, lights, outlets, etc. The north wall will have a 36" x 62" shower. I was thinking of putting in a 3/4 wall and placing the toilet up against it. Another idea - the toilet could also go up against the east wall where the pocket door is located. Which layout would be better? Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Bathroom design on bottom of drawing
 photo guestroomsuitereva_zps3ff8f37e.jpeg

Built in pantry to be used as vanity. Hopefully I can strip the the wood counter top.

photo IMG_4874.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with guest room bathroom

watch the height for the sink with the pantry cabinet. You could leave the wooden top and cover it with caeserstone or... The toilet needs to be vented so that may change your 3/4 wall idea a little.

o

mjsparky - thanks for the ideas. I will check the height of the pantry cabinet - we're going to use a vessel sink. Also, I was hoping the toilet could be vented on the east wall. I will check with my contractor.

o

I believe you posted in another forum, asking for layout advice of the bedroom, but I can't find that now.

Can you tell me what is to the right of that right door?

I am concerned that your stated desire to have this room be functional for a family needing services at your local Children's hospital is not in alignment with your current plan for the room...

for example, I'd want to see at least the size/wall space for a queen or full bed PLUS another twin or bunk bed system...

o

kirkhall - I also posted in the home decorating forum. The door on the right goes into the future master bath (that's probably phase 4 or 5 haha). In an emergency I like to have another exit on the 2nd floor. Our plan is only to have a couple stay here. We have a huge 3rd floor playroom with bath that sleeps 6 comfortably if needed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here