Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wall hung toilet with bidet toilet seat

Posted by needing_help12 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 13, 14 at 3:09

I'm remodeling two bathrooms and would like recommendations on which wall hung toilet/bidet toilet seat combo is the best to use. Considering Toto or Duravit for the toilet but cannot find clear comfortable recommendations on ability of toilets to flush well. I have completely new installations - new plumbing - totally new bathrooms. Any recommendations on durability of toilet, frequency of repair, convenience to find parts in US (Connecticut), flushing capability, and any other recommendation would be much appreciated. I've always used Kohler toilets before this but do not like their wall hung toilet. Desire wall hung toilet at comfort height for aging in place. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wall hung toilet with bidet toilet seat

I prefer Toto toilets and have owned and installed several over the past few years. I find that they flush fine. Sometimes you must flush twice, but with these low flow units I consider that to be common. I have had the Toto Washlet 300 for I think it is 6 yrs. it is one of the only things I pulled out of the old house when we sold it. It has been bullet proof. They are pricey, but having had one I would not be without it.

I cannot help with matching a wall hung toilet with the bidet seat. Geberit is one manuf of them however. If I had to choose between the wall hung and bidet seat I would stick with the seat and get a fully skirted toilet. Toto does well with skirted toilets.

o

we are in the middle of our bathroom reno, and i had the same choice to make. we chose the toto aquia wall hung unit with the washlet s350e. sorry i can't post on the flush yet, but i was scared away from the duravit model by this youtube video that i linked below.

also, if you check the reviews on amazon for the duravit starck wall hung toilet, they are terrible!

also, toto is known for their efficient flushing so i decided to go with them.

Here is a link that might be useful: duravit flush

o

Thank you to Jackfire and naadimre for sharing their thoughts. I am going to look more seriously into Toto and ignore the comments about sometimes needing to flush twice. Apparently sometimes you have to with the low flow units. I am also going to look into the Inax advanced toilet seat as I heard that was very good and see if it can be installed on Toto products. I have seen a demo in a showroom.
I'll update when I have more information.

o

I have a toto wall hung toilet that is not installed yet. I have Toto Carlyles with one s300 and it is a great washlet. I plan to get a s350 to go with the wall hung. I have seen the duravit wall hung with the Duravit washlet at a local plumbing supply store. It is an expensive combination. I have not seen any reviews of the Duravit washlet so it is hard to judge the performance. The Inax looks a little bulkier on the toilet and not a lot of reviews on it throughout the web. One GW member has the. Inax and raves about it.
Although Toto makes its own wall carrier, it is compatible with the Gerberit in wall unit. I think Grohe used to have an in wall unit also. The flush actuators are only compatible with the manufacturers in wall units. One of the flush actuators from Toto was almost $400. I passed on that actuator.
Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here