Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which way do you think look better for the accent trim

Posted by M_N_A (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 13, 14 at 2:00

at the base of the tub, or at the same height as the back splash?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which way do you think look better for the accent trim

Same hight as the back splash

o

If there's no other tile between the tub and the trim in the picture on the right, then go with the pic on the left IMO.

Lisa

o

Right - Since you have tile wainscoting going around the corner I would carry accent tile at same height as vanity backsplash contiguous all the way around the room including the side of the vanity.

o

Assuming you have subway tile or some other uniform tile on the rest of the wall, I'd go with the same height as the vanity.

o

I vote for the one on the left, definitely, regardless of any tile that might be lower than the border on the right. The left one has more interest and makes the ceiling look taller. The one on the right cuts the room in half and makes the ceiling look lower and the room smaller, IMHO.

o

I like the one on the left. maybe even top it off with a tile chair rail if you don't plan to tile all the way up the wall behind the tub.

o

I remember what my realtor told me when we bought our house on the steep hill, 1/2 the people will like it/not care the other 1/2 will not like/will care. It's always interesting that we have such divergent opinions on everything! Go with what YOU personally like and try not to be double minded when you hear the opposite opinions. LOL! :)

o

Lisadlu's comment is the wisest! I've even changed my mind from my own earlier opinion.

Of course, you also have the option of doing something entirely different for accent tiles, i.e.: spacing accent tiles randomly (or in a pattern) throughout the entire room.

o

i would say go for the right version as it will create a contentious line and separate the different materials (tile bottom and paint upper)

good luck with it!! Post some after pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Parada Kitchens & Baths

o

lisadlu you are so right. We have 1/2 - 1/2 in our household already :) we are gonna do Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here