Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akcorcoran_gw

Are Bain Ultra baths warm with air jets? Noise level?

akcorcoran
11 years ago

I have tried to pore over all the posts and figure out my plan. I started just assuming that Kohler tubs where the way to go but it seems that I was totally naive? (I was considering the Kohler Purist - mighty pricey once I considered the various packages!)

I've read all the good things about the Bain Ultra but I would like to know if the Geyser Air technology really DOES keep you warm as the air jets are used? We like l-o-n-g baths and while I wouldn't likely use the jets all the time, I'd hate to basically have to refill the tub b/c I'm cold after my supposedly dreamy massage time?

Also, how is the noise level? I don't want it to sound like an airplane taking off as the master bath is on the 2nd floor.

We have a 1917 Colonial so I'm looking for a traditional look for a drop in tub. We can do up to a 72" tub (we're 5' 11" and 6' 1" and I do like a deep level of water. The tub deck is about 5' deep so that direction isn't a problem.

So, I'm considering the Elegancia as probably the best design fit for me?

Based on what I've read here, I'm also considering the Sanijet oval designer series tubs (although they just look a little clinical vs elegant to me - how do they feel anyone?)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts -

Comments (2)

• Emily
    11 years ago

I don't have one but am considering getting a Bain ultra for my master bath Reno. The lady I talked to today at a local showroom was very helpful. She said most come with a heated backrest which keeps the water warm while you are in the tub. She said it doesn't heat the water but just keeps it at the same temperature it was when you filled the tub. She really recommended the Bain ultra air tubs. She said they were the first company to come out with the air tub design. They had an Alma oval tub in the showroom and it was very comfortable. Hope this helped.

• akcorcoran
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi!

Just in case anyone ever searches for Bain Ultra and this comes up, we did go with the Bain Ultra Amma in the oval (72" x 42") in the biscuit color. It has the Geysair system - and it is heavenly. I was really worried that the air would make the water cold but it doesn't at all. It's warm and bubbly until we want to turn it off.

If I have any issue - and it's not a complaint for me!) - there is really no "LOW" bubble level. It let's you choose percentage of bubbles, but even low (10%) is pretty bubbly!

We installed the motor for the air just below the floor to help with the noise, but if I had to do it again, not sure it's worth the effort. If it's on, it's only noise in the bathroom and you are surrounded by bubbles and can't hear it! Now, folks downstairs can sort of hear the general hum of the motor when someone takes a tub, so that's the tradeoff.

In the end, I'm thrilled with our purchase so I just thought I'd pass it on, because I was looking for experiences before we purchased.

Good luck to anyone picking a new tub!

P.S. The only thing I *didn't* think of was that our tub deck doesn't have much room around it and the tub is so wide... that I can't reach the windows behind the tub, and I can't clean the marble on the tub surround without getting in the tub. Oops! Oh well, small price to pay for my dreamy tub time! :-)

Not a great pic b/c it's from my iphone and night here, but you get the idea. :-)