Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laremodel_gw

Long vanity versus 2 console sinks

LARemodel
9 years ago

My existing (now demolished) master bath vanity had dual over-mount sinks on a 95" long vanity (tiled).

I was planning to replace it with dual under-mount sinks in a custom-built cabinet with an engineered quartz countertop.

Instead, I'm thinking about dual consoles with integrated sinks. I saw a console I like that is 43" long, but I'm thinking 40" length would be a better fit - would allow for 4" between each console and the adjacent wall and 7" separating the consoles.

I'm wondering if I will regret sacrificing the storage space under the vanity and the loss of some counter space. Some of the consoles I've looked at are more like a free-standing vanity - with 1 or 2 drawers and/or a shelf underneath for towels.

I plan to have two medicine cabinets on the wall in front of the sinks. I will have storage space and additional countertop space in a makeup vanity across from the sinks.

In the original layout, I made little use of the space under the sinks - mostly T.P., cleaning supplies, hair dryer, and extra toothpaste. Because of the pipes, it was always an awkward space for storing supplies.

Comments (3)