Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
machanteuse_gw

Does anyone still use shower/tub combo stalls?

MAchanteuse
10 years ago

I did a search and didn't immediately find anything on this topic. But I'm not sure what to call these things! Our late 70s house has two full baths and both have the same (fiberglass?) shower/tub stall. With our remodel we are doing separate tub and shower in the master, but the kids' bath will stay the same, plus we are planning to add tub and shower to the first floor bathroom. Right now neither one of those will get a ton of use, but as the kids (7 and 10) get older I'm guessing each kid will claim one tub as his/her own.

I figured to save money we would skip tiling those rooms and put in a newer version of the tub/shower combo. It looks like things have changed, though, and those kind of stalls aren't readily (or at all?) available now. I'm not interested in the Bath Fitters route.

I wouldn't say we're doing a budget remodel, but we're not looking to overspend where it doesn't make sense. What is the best quality option that doesn't cost a fortune? Just get some basic tile and a decent tub and be done with it?

Comments (3)