Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deb1226

Restoration Hardware fixtures

deb1226
12 years ago

Has anyone out there used the bath fixtures from RH? I'm looking at their faucets, tub and shower valves etc. I'd like to know about their quality, ease of installation...any problems. Thanks!

Comments (9)

• allison0704
    12 years ago

I used the Bistro sink, tub filler and shower throughout our new home 6 years ago. The plumber dubbed me his most unique client. "Everyone else uses Delta." ;D

If you're plumber is inept, as ours was, be sure they pay attention to left and right. One of my sinks turns the wrong way to go on/off, but I'm use to it now (my sink!).

Be sure to see them in person - some are better than others. The original faucet I went to see look/felt lightweight/cheaply made compared to the Bistro.

I'm sure you know Newport Brass makes RH things.

fyi, if you're placing a large order (more than 1 item) do tell them to ship as available, as they were trying to hold mine until EVERYTHING was there, and we almost didn't get our shower valves in time.

Also, the lady at the store didn't realize we needed to order the shower valves too (thought they were included) but luckily they shipped overnight.

• andreadeg
    12 years ago

I used the Lugarno light fixture and it is really nice quality and looks great! I don't have any experience with tub fittings and such but thought you might like to know my experience with their light fixtures. Have fun with your project and post pics when you are done!

• nhbaskets
    12 years ago

I've been collecting both Asbury and Chatham fixtures in anticipation of redoing our master and guest baths. Everything is still in boxes, so I can't tell you about their ease of installation. They are beautiful, however. We're close to starting our master remodel, so I should know soon.

• sayde
    12 years ago

I used the Gramercy washstand, Vintage faucets, sconces, accessories, medicine chest and mirrors.

The silvering on the medicine chest mirror is delaminating -- after three years, very careful use and maintenance. No one uses or cleans this bathroom except me!

Customer service has refused to acknowledge any responsibility. It is clearly a defect and they have just said that it is because moisture has gotten behind the mirror.

Although the other products have held up, my experience with them on this medicine cabinet has been awful. Based on this I would never buy anything from them again, and would not recommend them.

• sedeno77
    12 years ago

"If you're plumber is inept, as ours was, be sure they pay attention to left and right. One of my sinks turns the wrong way to go on/off, but I'm use to it now (my sink!). "

Not the plumber's fault - that is the way they are made. I even tried switching them. I have had guests turn the faucet handle so hard that they have stripped it off position. It is amazing that if a handle won't turn the way you are used to all you have to do is turn it the other way.

• workingondreamhouse
    12 years ago

Just a word of caution, our contractor will not install any RH products (vanities, medicine cabinets, plumbing) as he has encountered MANY problems with them and said that customer service is useless. Things have been delievered damaged, pieces missing, impossible to put together, etc. It was his only request as I went hunting through the internet for the best deals and unique items.

• JadeDowdle
    11 years ago

in order to sustain in this competitive market, every brand tries to come-up with a good quality and service. all I can think of is... check if the company/brand offers service in your local area.

• Pipdog
    11 years ago

I installed three RH sconces, three towel hooks and a glass shelf. One of my sconces arrived damaged with the finish already wearing off. Customer service was a little difficult to deal with, but I received a replacement one yesterday after three phone calls to customer service center.

• allison0704
    11 years ago

Not the plumber's fault - that is the way they are made. I even tried switching them. I have had guests turn the faucet handle so hard that they have stripped it off position. It is amazing that if a handle won't turn the way you are used to all you have to do is turn it the other way.

That's almost funny, but since I "know" you, I won't laugh.

Only one of our sinks turns on/off like I described, so I thought he had installed backwards.

I ordered new valves for two handles that have gotten down to a trickle. We built 7 years ago, and they did not charge me for them. No problem with customer service either.