Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bath updating suggestions requested

Posted by scb71 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 07 at 18:29

I just found this bath forum and hope you all can pitch in and help transform our new home. We have renovated four homes (major gut and renovations) but this go around I am trying to stay with cosmetic changes such as paint, fixtures, etc to start. We need to move in and then if we tear out and redo later so be it.

These three guest baths are at the top of the list. We may eventually tear out the tile and start over but I hope you all can help me make due with these tiles!

Ok - if this posting works I have some pictures to share:

This is the downstairs bath. You can see it is pretty nondescript and ready for your suggestions. We are thinking of going dark (maybe black or charcoal for the vanity but then what about the walls?) but are open to your thoughts!

Photobucket

Next are pics of a Jack and Jill bath between two of the guest rooms. It is pretty bland as well. What suggestions do you have for wall color and vanity color?

Photobucket

Photobucket

And last we have another guest bath that has grey tile and a true blast from the past with the red stripe in the shower. PLEASE HELP!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bath updating suggestions requested

The tile sink counters are very dated. I suggest that you watch for granite sales at the big box stores. Recently they were as low as $200. Vessel sinks would be appropriate for guest baths- they add that WOW factor. I am remodeling too and am not moving toilets, sinks etc to save $.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here