Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tussymussy_gw

Traditional Black/White Bath

tussymussy
17 years ago

Here's our new bath with subway tiles, and radiant floor heating and frameless glass shower. Lots of thanks to all of you for your ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Classic Bath

Comments (18)

• natal
    17 years ago

Gorgeous!!! Love how you took the first shot from inside the shower. Tell me about your floor, please. And what color is on the walls? I'm going with something in the blue/green family for the bath, but looking for a new shade of taupe for the kitchen. Your choice looks really nice!

• tussymussy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Natal,
    Thank you. The floor is American Olean Chloe and the paint is Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter. You may also want to check out Carrington Beige - I just used it in my kitchen and am very happy with it.

• gardenergwen
    17 years ago

Timeless & Beautiful! Great job!

Can I be forward and ask the price range of your glass shower enclosure? We are thinking of using a similiar design in our Master Bath remodel but don't have any idea if it's even in our budget.

• tussymussy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gardengwen,
    The shower enclosure cost $2900 installed. It was over our budget, but we really wanted the look.

• natal
    17 years ago

Tussy, thanks! We had selected the AO octagon & dot tile, but I'm going back to ProSource tomorrow and may change that. I really like the configuration of Chloe. Does it come in 12" sheets? What color grout did you choose?

I just checked my BM Samples chart and see both Revere Pewter and Carrington Beige. That's great!

BTW, I showed dh your pics and he loved the floor too. Thanks again!!!

• tussymussy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Natal,
    Yes, it comes in 12" sheets. I used a silver grout based on recommendations from this forum. Good luck with your project.

• alexamd
    17 years ago

Very nicely done. We currently have a very similar looking half bath, circa 1941 that I love. It is being relocated due to our kitchen renovation. My intention is to recreate it -- your bathroom is a great inspiration for me.

• leenyloukeitty
    17 years ago

How beautiful- can you post a photo of your tub? Where did you order it?

• tussymussy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Leenyloukeitty,
    I believe we got the tub and faucet from Antique Hardware and Home. We're very pleased with the quality. I'll try to get some more pictures posted. Thank you for your kind comment.

• zelmar
    17 years ago

I love your bath. It's very well done--you really captured the feel of an early 20th century room even though you have 21st century conveniences. Congratualtions.

What did you do for a sink?? It's taking me forever do figure out what to do with our space and your photos are definitely going to be looked at a lot as we go forward. Thanks for posting and sharing.

• tussymussy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Zelmar,
    We got a Kohler Memoirs lavatory basin that usally goes on top of a pedestal. However,wWe installed it on a base cabinet because we needed the extra storage.

I'll try to post more pictures this week.

• kompy
    17 years ago

I came here to find inspiration for my 1910 bathroom and this is it! I never even thought of a free standing type tub. Love everything. Can you post more views? Sink and tub fixtures?

Thanks

Kompy

• tussymussy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry it took so long, but I'm challenged with transferring these digital images. Here are some more shots of our new bath.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Bath Shots

• natal
    17 years ago

You did a great job! I was able to see a sample of Chloe today and finalized the selection. Thank you so much for your help!

• tussymussy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Natal,
    Glad I could be of help. Can't wait to see your pictures.

• hoffman
    17 years ago

Beautiful! What brand of subway tile did you use on the walls? Is the black stripe made out of flat 1" x 6" tiles?

thanks!

• tussymussy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I used Daltile's Rittenhouse Square Artic White subway tiles in a matte finish. Yes, the black tiles are 1" x 6" tiles. They have a gloss finish as do the shelf rail tiles.

• hoffman
    17 years ago

I was hoping you'd say that -- those are the exact tiles I'm getting ready to order!