Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neo-Shower Dilemma Help Please

Posted by Teri47 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 1, 05 at 15:39

Here is the picture of my guest bath with neo-shower. I need recommendations for avoiding water coming out shower door when faucet is turned on. Any advice appreciated!

Image link: Neo-Shower Dilemma Help Please (23 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neo-Shower Dilemma Help Please

Well, this may be more drastic than what you would like, but my in-laws have a similar issue. They replaced the typical 45 degrees shower arm (that connects between the water source at the wall and the shower head) with a 90 arm that has a long "leg" that extends about a foot away from the wall. Gosh. This is a little difficult to explain. Basically, they took a shower head that is wall mounted and make it sorta a rainhead showerhead. It would depend on how high your water source is on the wall. Yours looks like it's pretty high.

o

Dallas I think I understand what you are saying. My question would be can I do that rainhead type shower head without having to go behind the wall tiles to make the connection to the water pipes? I would sure hate to have to mess with the newly installed tile. Thanks for you recommendation!

o

Teri,
Definately. The shower arm just screws into a bushing that is behind the wall. You will just need to unscrew the existing 45 degree arm and replace it with one that is an L. Does this make sense?

o

Dallas I think I understand what you are saying. My question would be can I do that rainhead type shower head without having to go behind the wall tiles to make the connection to the water pipes? I would sure hate to have to mess with the newly installed tile. Thanks for you recommendation!

o

I'm not sure why my post came up twice, I didn't think I posted the same message on different days??

Anyway Dallas, I understand your comment about unscrewing the existing arm. That is a relief to hear!

Thanks so much for your help! I am going to do a lot of research at the store before I make a purchase that's for sure!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here