Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile - Labor and Cost Question

Posted by mom2five (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 7, 05 at 16:22

Hi All,
Starting to shop for tile for the bathrooms for our new home, and I am feeling I need a Tiles for Dummies course about the variations in labor charge for laying tile in various patterns, on the diagonal, or doing subway tile. I have 5 bathrooms to plan - the master is the larger one - I have one small powder room, and the others are small to average size. How much more is it to lay tile differently (rough, rough guesstimate, percentage more etc anything would help). Also, is it a waste to lay tile diagonally in a small powder room? What can I do to spice up the look of the smaller bathrooms without breaking the bank on labor or materials? Also, I have a budget for tile from the builder of $4.00 Sq ft. I love the look of roman travertine - there seem to be so many choices, so many brands, price levels - dont know where to begin to even shop. Can anyone recommmend some good quality brands that are somewhat reasonable in price, or websites I can begin to look at?
Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile - Labor and Cost Question

Plan on ading 20% to lay on diagonal, but I think it is worth it, it can carefully be mixed also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here