Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bill_vincent_gw

And now for the ceramic baths

bill_vincent
18 years ago

Sorry it took so long for me to get to this (I had to finish up johnmari's bathroom!) :-) Anyway, here's the ceramic bath thread I promised:

This first one, I can't claim. I did the layout, but other than that, it was my son's first floor by himself, start to finish

One thing in this next bathroom-- with all the outside corners-- on either side of the half walls, by the steps, etc.-- even down the sides of the shower-- the ONLY place bullnose was used was on top of the tile on either side of the window. The rest of it is all Shcluter's stainless bullnose edging. I wasn't too enthusiastic about using a foreign material in the installation, especially when bullnose was available for that tile line, but it's what the customer wanted, and once it was done, I thought it looked pretty nice!

This is the half bath in the showroom I do most of my work for:

Everyone wants to know how to hide an access panel. This is how you do it!!

This next one is also of particular interest. It's a half bath I did in my sister's home about 5 years ago. She was using a 14x14 tile, and the only way to properly do it would have been to center one tile down the middle, and then cut the two side tiles. I decided to switch things around a little-- I used full tiles on either side, and did a row of "diamonds and triangles" down the middle as an accent stripe. Less work for me, and looks great!! EVERYONE WINS!!

I'll let johnmari post her OWN shower!! LOL

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!