Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haganinc

Help make this bathtub useful

haganinc
16 years ago

First time posting here, hello! We recently purchased a townhouse that we love that comes with a master bathtub that we think is just beautiful. Problem is the thing is impossible to use! The sides are very high and very vertical. The tub is also very long meaning if you sit in it with water, you have no way to prop yourself up since you would need to be 7 feet tall to have your toes hit the other end. When in the water you are constantly slipping since your feet have nothing to grab onto and instead have to rely on your stomach muscles to keep from going under water, not exactly the most relaxing position. And since the sides are almost straight vertical you can't lean back either.

Hopefully these pictures can explain what I'm talking about. If you are having trouble with perspective, its approximately 2.5 feet tall (so too high to sit in and rest your arms up top) and is about 5 feet from end to end.

I'm at a loss for how to make this bathtub actually useful, I'm hoping someone here knows of something I could purchase that is made for this type of thing. Any help? Thanks!!!

Comment (1)