Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Formula 409 etched our marble

Posted by annaleef (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 8, 10 at 16:52

Our cleaning lady unthinkingly squirted 409 cleaner in a swirling, random pattern on our shower floor, which is a mosaic of tumbled Dark Emperador marble. It dulled down the finish and looks sad. It is just abut time for us to re-seal the marble, but first we have to figure out how to revive the floor. We read that baking powder might help, but it did not make matters any better at all.

Any practical fixes? I e-wrote to the company that sold us the material to ask, but they have not responded.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Formula 409 etched our marble

that sucks cus 409 actually makes a really good clear granite and marble spray cleaner which is my favorite of the ones I have tried recently and is gentle.

My marble vanity top was installed already etched and duller (look and feel) even compared to my wifes vanity (opposite side) of same marble.

Have asked the fabricator/installer why this is and they have said they can maybe do something but haven't yet.

I thought maybe the polishing process they do was not done as much on my piece, that or maybe the installers used something on it, not sure.

They can't do the fabrication polishing process once installed as it uses high speed water but there has to be something to restore marble finish/polish.

I have tried traditional granite/marble polishes for use after you clean it but that only helps a little. It needs something stronger like probably removed and taken to fabricator to have them re do the official polishing process with high speed water and whatever else they do but hopefully not thing out my vanityt o0p too much.

The etching I figured is just the normal look of this marble but probably isnt't right either and was either a used slab/piece or who knows what.

Let me know if you find out anything to restore and shine up and polish marble and I'll do the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here