Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sam_i_am32

Guest Bathroom

Sam_I_Am
19 years ago

This is our guest bathroom. I'll be posting pictures of our other two bathrooms soon! Please let me know if you have any questions. This forum has been a great source of inspiration for me! Thanks!

Comments (16)

• Sam_I_Am
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oops- here's the link!

Here is a link that might be useful: Guest Bath

• houseful
    19 years ago

Wow, it's gorgeous! I had to look twice to see the shower door. At first I thought you hadn't installed anything yet. Our guest bath is almost identical in layout as yours,except we have tub/shower combo. I can't wait to remodel it. What are your dimensions of the room and the shower itself, and can you give details about the glass shower enclosure - I love it! I think I recognize the memoirs toilet,am I right?

• yadax3
    19 years ago

Beautiful! Please provide info about your vanity top. Is it marble?

• Teddi_and_Roger
    19 years ago

Lovely! I really like how you used a variety of tile sizes in the same color/style. It gives it some visual punch without being too busy. Gorgeous vanity top/sink. Great job!!

• euphorbia
    19 years ago

Gorgeous! Love the shower

• Mireya
    19 years ago

SamIAm -

Can I be your "guest"? :)

• lilathabit
    19 years ago

Wow Sam, you did an awesome job! I love your choice of materials! Details please!

• Sam_I_Am
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks for the compliments! The vanity top is marble. It's called Breccia Oniciata. The bathroom is approx. 6 X 11. That's a frameless shower door which was quite expensive but worth it! I put vinyl plantation shutters so they could withstand the moisture. That's a Kohler Memoirs toilet and Kohler sink/fixtures. Thanks again! I've learned a lot from these forums. I'll be posting my other two bathrooms soon!

• stu2900
    19 years ago

Sam-It's gorgeous! Can you tell me about the window you used? Is that a brushed nickle faucet and a dark gold mirror? That mirror is similar to one I'd like to reuse in the main bath and I really want to use brushed nickle faucets, but wasn't sure how it would look. If it looks as good as yours, I'm sold!

• Sam_I_Am
    Original Author
    19 years ago

The window is just a standard opaque window that the builder installed. The shutters are vinyl- almost like a PVC. They have a nice look and can withstand moisture. The molding on the mirror resembles a distressed oil rubbed bronze look. The faucets are brushed nickel. I like to mix my finishes, otherwise, (to my eye) it looks *too* perfect. My light fixture and cabinet knobs are also oil rubbed bronze.

• DallasAuburn
    19 years ago

Hey Sam -- very very nice. I hope our bathroom turns out as nice as yours has. I notice you have a hinged frameless shower door and a towel bar against the same wall as the hinges -- does the door touch the towel bar? My hinged shower might touch the towel bar in the same way and I've been wondering if it will cause problems... what do you think?

• nessas
    19 years ago

Sam,

I love those tiles! What's the brand name & color?

• Sam_I_Am
    Original Author
    19 years ago

The floor tile are Saltillo 16 X 16 made by Garogres. The shower tile are Le Argille mosaic Terra Giallo and the brick are Battiscopa Terra Giallo. It's made by CEC. Hope this helps!

• bayridgeri
    19 years ago

Hi Sam I Am---I am in the planning stages of redoing a bathroom, same size as yours. I love what you did! All of it! Could you tell me what kind of shower base did you put in?
    BayRidgeRI

• janpoo
    19 years ago

Sam I Am -- just terrific! Can you please give me details on the light fixture over the mirror?

Thanks.
    -j

• Sam_I_Am
    Original Author
    19 years ago

J- I reviewed my bill and the manufacturer of that light is not listed. I tried to do a search, but couldn't find it. I can take a close up pic for you if that's helpful. Thanks for the compliment!

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource