Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing calacatta marble with glass tiles?

Posted by lford (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 12, 06 at 21:37

Hi all,
I am wanting to mix calacatta (white marble with brown and gray veining) with glass tiles (I was thinking 1x2 in a light green) in my master bath but I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I was going to do polished marble slab counter and tub deck on dark wood cabinets. So I was thinking of incorporating the glass tiles as backsplash on tub and vanity somehow and also somehow integrate them into the shower (materials tbd but too expensive to do all glass shower). I'd love to hear any ideas or see pics. thanks a bunch!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing calacatta marble with glass tiles?

Pretty close to what I was thinking of doing. Does anyone have any pictures of similar? Thanks.

o

I am just finishing up my bathroom that is calacatta gold tiles (4"x16" in a running bond pattern) with an accent strip of lavender/blue/gray glass tiles (1"x2"). We are about 90% of the way done, so check back in a few weeks and I should have some pictures. It's not grouted yet, but so far I really like the combo.

o

There is a product where it is already mixed up on a sheet. We are installing it in our ensuite but it won't be ready until mid december so i can't post any pictures. They have about 6 options of tile/glass to choose from.

o

Here are pics of my finished bath, which uses a combo of 4"x16" calacatta tiles and 1"x2" blue glass accents. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Karin's bath

o

calleiandkarin you have a beautiful bathroom!! Where did you get your vanity? I love the smoothness of the wood. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here