Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glycera

Glycera's (aka Margaret's) bathroom

glycera
18 years ago

Some photos of my new bathroom (still have to hang prints on the bare walls). ---Margaret

View from the "front" door; another door leads to the laundry room. The mirror in the center is fixed, but the two side mirrors belong to recessed medicine cabinets. The lights are fluorescents; they're a little larger (wider) than I had hoped for, but were the closest to my mental image that I could find. The countertop is Swanstone "Prairie Clover", with an integral sink, and the faucet/dispensers are KWCs. One dispenser is for soap, the other for mouth wash; both are hooked up to NeverMTs. The custom vanity is finished in laminate.
{{gwi:1385106}}
     Â
In one of the medicine cabinets I had an outlet installed so I could keep the electric toothbrush off the countertop. (If you want to do this, the electrician needs to know it during the roughing-in stage.)
{{gwi:1385107}}

Here's a closer view of the vanity fixtures. This faucet (KWC Domo) has a pull-out feature (but no spray), sort of a junior version of a kitchen faucet.

{{gwi:1385108}}

Â

In addition to the outlet inside the medicine cabinet, I had the electrician install one behind the vanity so I could mount a power strip inside one of the drawers, for the hair dryer (and who knows what else?).
{{gwi:1385109}}
Here's a view of the bathroom from the laundry door; the tub/shower is to the left. My eccentric choice of wallpaper, border, and rug reflect the fact that I'm a biologist (or did I need to tell you?). The bluish half-moon in the ceiling is part of the 14" Solatube, and the circle in the small counter next to the toilet is for trash, which drops into a plastic grocery bag suspended by its handles from four cup hooks inside the cabinet.
{{gwi:1385110}}

Â
This is a one-piece (yay! no seams) MAAX Maestro tub/shower. The fittings are all Grohe: on the right wall, a Relaxa Plus hand shower, which is just visible, and a Freehander on the left wall. There's also a cedar seat on the left side, hidden by the shower curtains. The two-tile mural of the frog I attached myself.
{{gwi:1385111}}

Comments (3)