Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glycera's (aka Margaret's) bathroom

Posted by Glycera (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 19, 05 at 21:29

Some photos of my new bathroom (still have to hang prints on the bare walls). ---Margaret

View from the "front" door; another door leads to the laundry room. The mirror in the center is fixed, but the two side mirrors belong to recessed medicine cabinets. The lights are fluorescents; they're a little larger (wider) than I had hoped for, but were the closest to my mental image that I could find. The countertop is Swanstone "Prairie Clover", with an integral sink, and the faucet/dispensers are KWCs. One dispenser is for soap, the other for mouth wash; both are hooked up to NeverMTs. The custom vanity is finished in laminate.In one of the medicine cabinets I had an outlet installed so I could keep the electric toothbrush off the countertop. (If you want to do this, the electrician needs to know it during the roughing-in stage.)
Here's a closer view of the vanity fixtures. This faucet (KWC Domo) has a pull-out feature (but no spray), sort of a junior version of a kitchen faucet.
In addition to the outlet inside the medicine cabinet, I had the electrician install one behind the vanity so I could mount a power strip inside one of the drawers, for the hair dryer (and who knows what else?).
Here's a view of the bathroom from the laundry door; the tub/shower is to the left. My eccentric choice of wallpaper, border, and rug reflect the fact that I'm a biologist (or did I need to tell you?). The bluish half-moon in the ceiling is part of the 14" Solatube, and the circle in the small counter next to the toilet is for trash, which drops into a plastic grocery bag suspended by its handles from four cup hooks inside the cabinet. This is a one-piece (yay! no seams) MAAX Maestro tub/shower. The fittings are all Grohe: on the right wall, a Relaxa Plus hand shower, which is just visible, and a Freehander on the left wall. There's also a cedar seat on the left side, hidden by the shower curtains. The two-tile mural of the frog I attached myself.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glycera's (aka Margaret's) bathroom

Your bathroom looks beautiful! I wish I had thought about the extra outlets. I hate clutter. And I think your waste "basket" idea is a stroke of genius! It's not too late for me to add that to my bath (unless you hold the patent :).

o

Snowbaby --- Patent is pending (LOL!), but in the meantime go ahead and use the idea. You've heard about "necessity is the mother of invention"? Well, I spent a lot of time looking for a wastebasket of a size that would fit exactly into the space available. Then I thought, "Heck, I always line the bathroom waste basket with a plastic bag anyway, why not just hang the bag in there?" Pleased with my ingenuity, I spent several hours researching various types of special plastic bag holders on the Web, until it struck me, "Duh... All I really need are four cup hooks on which to hang the handles!" (but I did get nice, plastic-covered ones). Now I wonder how much money I've spent on gadgets for the rest of my remodeled home that have equally simple, inexpensive solutions....?

---Margaret

o

Hello Margaret. I was gonna remodel my master bath, but I think I will update the bathroom on the 1st floor 1st. Everybody sees that bathroom and only we see the master.
This bathroom has no windows, so I was thinking about installing a Solatube with the vent built in and the vent motor outside. I live in S Calif so Plenty of Sunshine,(It Never Rains in Southern California), LOL. How do you like your Solatube?

Thanks

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here