Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Link to my guest bath remodel

Posted by katdip (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 14:12

Thanks to many here for your good advice. I don't have many "Before" pictures, but picture an ultra-cheapo chipboard vanity that looked liked it had been salvaged and then painted green, very plain 4x4 tile, vinyl flooring that was coming up, a scratched and chipped tub, and no fan. A simple "refresh" (tile, fixtures) turned into a major remodel due to significant rot because of a bad previous remodel (i.e. no vapor barrier behind tiles). I had to sister or replace new studs around the tub (while trying to retain the lath and plaster on the adjoining walls), and replace the floor. Despite that, it worked out great!

Here is a link that might be useful: Guest Bath

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Link to my guest bath remodel

Very pretty! Love your fixtures and the cute built in!

o
RE: Link to my guest bath remodel

katdip, that was an *excellent*, *helpful* set of progress photos. We're about to venture into the daughter's bathroom, where we have a corner of the cr*ppy porcelain-over-steel tub having drained into the wall for at least the 5 years we've been here...I'm steeling myself for the mold and rot we will probably encounter and you have shown the way to make the repairs so they're strong and robust.

You must just feel so great knowing that what's behind the beautiful surface is healthy and intact now. As rewarding, in its own way, as well-executed tile installation :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here