Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharkm_gw

All my 3 1/2 bath 99% done

sharkm
16 years ago

After a long time, it is finally going to be over. All the bathrooms in our house is now basicaly done. Yesterday, they finished installing the shower doors, mirrors and accessories. NOW, LET THE CLEANING BEGIN!

I cannot stop myself taking a few pictures immediately. Will take some nicer pictures later.

Here is the master bath:

Kidsbath:

Comments (10)

• annkathryn
    16 years ago

Wow - these are gorgeous! Congrats! I love the mosaic tiles in your master bath, and the vanities are beautiful. Great job on ALL of your bathrooms.

Ann

• budge1
    16 years ago

Gorgeous!

How did you ever survive doing 31/2baths at once?! and have them turn out so beautifully?

• monicakm_gw
    16 years ago

All (four?) of them are stunning!
    Monica

• sharkm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

>>> How did you ever survive doing 31/2baths at once?! and have them turn out so beautifully?

I moved out. The bathrooms were part of the whole house remodel the includes extension, removing walls, moving rooms and bathrooms. Took 8 months to get here. I've moved back for the last month and been living in our home theater, eating out and using only the guest bath (that one finished just in time for me to move back in). This weekend, we will really moved back into our rooms.

• paint_chips
    16 years ago

Sharkm,

I haven't gotten to see your bathrooms until now. WOW!

Your powder room is out of this world! Very memorable!

I especially like your children's bathroom since I am planning on doing our spare bath in yellow. Any advice on picking a yellow? Does yours feel too bright or just right and do you remember what color it was so I can compare my chips to your real life experience. I am so scared of going too bright.

Great job!

• callieandkarin
    16 years ago

Hi sharkm--

Congrats on a lovely set of bathrooms! I especially like the tile in your kids' bath. You used a color scheme in there that I have been thinking of-- cream and chocolate tile + dark wood. So a couple of questions:

1. Do you like the way the colors work together? Sometimes I have concern about too stark of a contrast.

2. What brand, size and color tiles did you use? I really like the way you combined small and large format in the shower and made the transition from brown to cream.

3. The cream tiles look textured, are they? If so, how do you like them?

Thanks for any and all help!

• sharkm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

>>>Your powder room is out of this world! Very memorable!
    Thanks! The powder room tiling pattern actually toke the most time for me to design. There were no reference and I have to combine different tile to get it done. I really like the results. Here are a couple more pictures:

>>> Any advice on picking a yellow? Does yours feel too bright or just right and do you remember what color it was so I can compare my chips to your real life experience. I am so scared of going too bright.

The yellow is much brighter when on the wall then looking at the paint sample. However, it is OK for me, since I really only have 1/2 a wall that is yellow. The rest of the walls are tiled all the way to the ceiling. Also, the ceiling is white to tone it down a little.

>>>1. Do you like the way the colors work together? Sometimes I have concern about too stark of a contrast.
    My wife actually picked out the tile, I just designed the pattern and where to put what.
    I don't really know the brand of the tile but the field tile is 13x10. Actaully, the samll brown trip is not really small. It looks that way, they are actually 1 pcs of 13x10. As for the trim, I asked the installer to cut it to match the trim piece in size. He complained that it is a lot of work, but sure it make it look nice. The cream and brown tile are both textured and from the same line, so the texture matched. I like them specially because it is tiled all the way up to the ceiling.
    Here is a close up of the tiles in the shower:

• skogkatt
    16 years ago

Sharkm, great looking baths. Your master bath has the exact same floor plan and tub/shower arrangement as we are going to use in our remodel. Our width is 8 feet, how wide is yours? Is that a 6ft tub? What is size of shower? We currently are planning on using Botticino semi-classico marble sheets on the shower walls and tub backsplash and tub deck. Are the tiles on the master bath floor marble? If so have you found the master bath floor to be slippery when wet? Thanks Skogkatt

• sharkm
    Original Author
    16 years ago

skogkatt, Our bath room is approx 14x9, the tub is 72"x42". The tub dack is approx 8'x5' the shower including the seat is about 48"x52".
    Everything (excpt the glass mosaic) is marble. I sealed it after it was completed and the sealer makes it less slippery. We do put a mat just outside of the shower to absorb some of the water when steping out.
    It is a little cold to step on the marble in the morning. I now wished that I put in radiant floor heat.
    The shower foor is also the same marble and was cut to 4"x4" on site during the installation.

• skogkatt
    16 years ago

Sharkm, thanks for getting back to me. Glad we could see a picture of what we were thinking.