Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A very simple update

Posted by SunRochy (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 8, 04 at 7:48

All I did was paint the tiles white -before was grey.

Click on link to see the ''before'', then click on next at right top to see the ''after''.

Here is a link that might be useful: before

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A very simple update

What a difference the paint makes! Very nice! I enjoyed looking at the rest of your house too. I love the exterior paint color and front/side porch. It's so cozy and warm!

o

Thank you. I like it a lot, too.

o

Gosh, the white makes such a difference! Just goes to show how color can transfor a room. Great work!! :)
Boo

o

SunRochy, did you use a special tile paint? What kind of preparation was involved? I really like this!

Jen

o

Jenny b-

I cleaned the tiles very well and painted 2 coats (2 coats looks more like "distressed tiles", 3 coats will be good for more smooth look) with oil based white paint that is made for outdoor metal furniture since it is much less likely to turn yellow over time like most oil based paints. Be sure the room have a way to get the smell out (window, fan, or something like that).

If one is not comfortable with using oil based paint (the one for outdoor metal stuff), you can get special primer for tiles at Lowes (it is found with the other primers) and then paint with a latex paint that will dry hard.

o

Hi, I can't see your pictures, keep getting an error message. I'm the one who asked about the painted tile. You could email them to me. Thanks.

o

hi ... i got the error message too. can you email them to me as well? Thanks! susantc3@verizon.net

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here