Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My DIY circa 1910 Bathroom

Posted by sombreuil_mongrel (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 21:49

Hi,
I started this in March, and thankfully it was finished faster than my DIY kitchen (at 15 months, that was an ordeal nonpareil).

Photobucket

Photobucket
More photos at Photobucket.

Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: My Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My DIY circa 1910 Bathroom

sombreuil_mongrel, I love it.

Very nice choice of color. May I ask what color of blue it is?

o

Valspar/Eddie Bauer: "Batik" from Home Depot
Casey

o

Thank you!

o

This is one of my Most Favorites! Love the dark blue, and everything about this room!

o

This is just wildly gorgeous. It makes me want a new home so I can do another bathroom!! OMG I cant believe I just said that ,,,,,

o

You did a beautiful job.Very nautical and very stunning. Love your marble floors and your cabinet, is it walnut?

o

Stopped in again, as I often do, to appreciate this exceptional room. I was first mesmerized by the richness of the dark blue walls, my absolute one and only most favorite color, but keep coming back to take in how you showcased the fabulous wood features. There are many details here, yet all together, blend so quietly and perfectly, one feature never pulls me from another. Seamless bliss, I just feel so calm and relaxed and luxurious. How did you think all the details through to result in such perfect balance? I am so fascinated to understand the "How" you created this exquisite bath?

o

Did we ever find out the name of the basketweave tiles on the floor? Love them -- they look a bit iridescent.

o

Hi Friends,
The tile is from a place called the tile shop.com. They had very reasonable prices, and they delivered.
Walnut?, no, cherry, darkened with lye; it's the best for darkening cherry.
How did this room come to be? I design stuff, then build it to my "vision". Sometimes it turns out like this, other times, you don't want to know...
I kept in mind a 1910 look. I have self-studied architecture for decades, so I was able to select mostly period-appropriate stuff. In my work as a carpenter/woodworker, I am something of a perfectionist, with an eye for detail. And a shameless self-promoter, apparently.
Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: The Tile Shop

o

I don't like the cabinet above the toilet. You would be taking out stuff like bandaids directly over the feces well.

o

I'm excited, my 6 foot antique claw foot cast iron soaking tub will be here today! So, I had to again visit my favorite room for inspiration!

o

Swampwiz--that's why toilets come with something called LIDS, which one teaches everyone to close every time they use it.

This is as gorgeous as your kitchen!

o

I hadn't seen your pics. before and I wanted to say how beautiful your bathroom is. I especially love the vanity and the gorgeous cabinet over the toilet area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here