Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Only Full Bathroom, Remodel to Walk In shower only?

Posted by Salamore (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 16:32

We live in a 1400 square foot ranch (just me and my husband), we are remodeling our only full bathroom and want to take out the tub and do a nice walk in shower. Will that effect our resale, if we ever decided to move? Has anyone every done this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Only Full Bathroom, Remodel to Walk In shower only?

Try posting your question on the discussions side of this forum. This is the gallery for pictures of finished baths. You'll get better response there.

o
RE: Only Full Bathroom, Remodel to Walk In shower only?

I am currently doing this to our guest bathroom. the way I look at is that you live in the house and should be designed to make you happy. Mine has a crappy little tub that is only used by guest to stand in when they shower, typically my mom and mother in law in their 70s. I am ripping it all out and putting in a travertine shower with a glass wall and walk in door with hand rails to make it easy on the gals. No more stepping over a tub and fumbling with a cheesy shower curtain. I am putting in a fold up teak shower seat and a hand wand shower head for them as well but could easily be used by adult in the future to wash an infant.

I think if you do a well thought out layout with quality materials the majority of people will like that more than a less than interesting bathroom with a little tub in it. You could also add a nice hot tub outside in the future. The vast majority of people in the USA prefer showers and many NEVER take baths. Folks told me not to take my 5th bedroom and connect to my wife's master closet to make her the ultimate chick room because 5 bedrooms are hard to find in my area. Let me tell you, the good will that gigantic closet with built-ins generates from my wife to me every morning she goes in there is priceless.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here