Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile backsplash with granite - is this really a problem?

Posted by beckyfl_2009 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 11:13

We are renovating our 25 year old guest bathroom. Our plan had been to use a wall faucet with granite countertops and a 1x1 tile backsplash (that matches the shower border) behind the wall faucet. When we ordered the granite, however, the manager talked us out of the tile backsplash coming right down to the granite. He said that with the small grout lines right behind the sink area, it gets dirty and nasty looking quickly. He recommended the granite backsplash and then the tile above that. I'm not sure that I will like that with the wall faucet. I've seen lots of pictures on here with tile backsplashes. Have any of you had the problems that he was discussing? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile backsplash with granite - is this really a problem?

We are renovating our 25 year old guest bathroom. Our plan had been to use a wall faucet with granite countertops and a 1x1 tile backsplash (that matches the shower border) behind the wall faucet. When we ordered the granite, however, the manager talked us out of the tile backsplash coming right down to the granite. He said that with the small grout lines right behind the sink area, it gets dirty and nasty looking quickly. He recommended the granite backsplash and then the tile above that. I'm not sure that I will like that with the wall faucet. I've seen lots of pictures on here with tile backsplashes. Have any of you had the problems that he was discussing? Thanks!

o

o

If you post this on the discussions side you will get responses. This side is for finished bathroom pictures. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here