Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with soapstone

Posted by Barbsie123 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 14 at 6:02

Hi, this is my fist time posting to this site - hope I'm doing it right! :) Question regarding my soapstone. We recently added on a new master bathroom and had Julia soapstone counters and tub deck installed. I absolutely love the look of the soapstone when it's oiled! I notice that there are always the same few dull spots that appear within a day or two of oiling. Should I just oil those spots individually on an as needed basis to blend in with the rest of the soapstone? Will these dull spots eventually blend in with the rest of the soapstone?! Appreciate your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with soapstone

Barbsie123,
The dull spots are most likely from water or soapy water hitting the soapstone. Those spots will need to be oiled to blend in. I have soapstone in my kitchen and absolutely love it. I keep my oil cloth in a plastic zip lock bag and give the general area a swipe, when needed. I oil my main counter about twice a week...the other counters once every two weeks. You may need to oil frequently in such a wet area. Hope this helps...you may want to re-post your message in the forums section...you are now in "Gallery" which is mostly for photos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here